Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve commodore stretched timing chain repair cost??

VECalaisCruiser

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I'm in Vic, check engine light is on, and 1 of the codes were for the timing chain, would like to get it fixed.

Where's the good place in VIC?
Cheers

All5litres

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE Omega
I'm in Vic, check engine light is on, and 1 of the codes were for the timing chain, would like to get it fixed.

Where's the good place in VIC?
Cheers

Try your local ultratune mate, I priced a few places out and got quotes from 1950 to 3500 but Ultratune will do mine for 1750 including a new waterpump.

Melld

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore 10
Got mine done for $1600 here in melbourne. and they also gave me a loan car to use while mine was in there. one thing i noticed on mine was loss of power. no noise from engline ran very smooth just loss of power. did u get the chance to see the code on there Tech 2. to make sure that is the code and there not just telling u this. i was next to my car when my mech hooked up his computer and saw my codes. i went to one mech and he told me... mate u need a whole new engine... urs cant be fiixed. i knew that was crap he was just trying to get money from me. i would never go to a dealer.. would cost u heaps.

Where abouts did you get it done? I've just been quoted $2500 in Pakenham

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
The latest to have a timing chain done is a 2010 Omega so Im told.

jsmith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hey guys, i am new to the Forum thing, but i just bought a VE Calais V that had stretched timing chains,
i heard from a friend that Holden are paying to fix them if your car is under 10 years old.
i took my car to Castle Hill Holden in Sydney NSW and they covered the cost fully under warranty, even though my car had 247 000 km's
Just thought i would let everyone know as they were so good there and had it fixed and back to me in 2 days,

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
Hey guys, i am new to the Forum thing, but i just bought a VE Calais V that had stretched timing chains,
i heard from a friend that Holden are paying to fix them if your car is under 10 years old.
i took my car to Castle Hill Holden in Sydney NSW and they covered the cost fully under warranty, even though my car had 247 000 km's
Just thought i would let everyone know as they were so good there and had it fixed and back to me in 2 days,

Good to know, I've been going there for years for servicing, always been ok

stevelcqld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S

Ok, so how do I arrange this?? I am in Brisbane, any ideas on who to speak to?

Cheers
Steve

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

Chopchop

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv 07
That's correct. 3 timing chains. Chains gotta be align perfectly. Did my timing chain replacement myself, and yes labour did kill me. Big job. Dunno if I still have the full quote of all parts that I got from Holden. Gotta hunt it down.
I have looked and never seen 3 chains?