Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE faults?

ssv4me

troy
Reaction score
Website
mogbog.com
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey guys,
I did a quick search and couldn't see anything, but rather than start a new thread I thought I'd hijack this one slightly and hope for a response.

My question....

What is the security like in the VE SS (and in particular the V model)?
Is it satisfactory on its own or should I look at getting some third party alarm system into it?

Really hard to find any info on it.

Cheers

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hey guys,
I did a quick search and couldn't see anything, but rather than start a new thread I thought I'd hijack this one slightly and hope for a response.

My question....

What is the security like in the VE SS (and in particular the V model)?
Is it satisfactory on its own or should I look at getting some third party alarm system into it?

Really hard to find any info on it.

Cheers

Mine hasn't been stolen yet. More than likely any stolen would be by professional thieves or insurance jobs. Invest in a good set of mag wheel lock nuts and be careful where you park it.

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
+1 to what Reaper said. Anyone good enough to steal a brand new car is good enough to disable any alarm system.

ssv4me

troy
Reaction score
Website
mogbog.com
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks guys,

I had a feeling all the built in immobilizing stuff should be pretty good these days.

Will invest in mag locking nuts though, don't wanna lose those 20's :D

VESSV6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SSV
Seat Belt Alarm

I'm not doubting your car doesn't do it - I just want mine to stop. Pitty i'm not in Canberra. I know a lot of places would be reluctant but one of my contacts was a guy who dis-armed my VY alarm and has no problem doing it.

Reaper

IF YOU PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON BEFORE YOU START THE CAR THE ALARM WONT GO OFF!

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
has any 1 heard of a keyless entry fault in the VE. im looking to get an sv6 but holden said theres been alot of faults in the VE commodore. are there any main issues i should be aware of with the VE's? the local holden also said hey have had alot of trouble with a keyless entry fault? does this seem to be a fairly common fault in the VE's or not?

My Calais, build Aug 06 I think, has had just about every fault that every forum member has ever written about here, probably because it was one of the first ones built, and still has quite a few bugs which just don't seem to be able to be fixed....

But, I've never had that issue with the remote unlocking. I have heard that Lexus have the problem with their key-less entry system sometimes though.

My understanding is that most of the bugs are being ironed out and the newer builds are showing much less issues now than mine had.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the keyless entry issue is easily fixed with an RFA reflash.
i think the latest tech 2 software will allow the seatbelt chime to be shut off but not the light?.
i dont think the front video can be altered ill have to have a look

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
the keyless entry issue is easily fixed with an RFA reflash.
i think the latest tech 2 software will allow the seatbelt chime to be shut off but not the light?.
i dont think the front video can be altered ill have to have a look

1. Seatbelt chime - My dealer told me they can turn off the chime, but they refuse to because of safety..:bang:

2. DVD / AUX While Driving - I think there's a previous post by Cousin Slow Poke with info about enabling video while driving. It's a really good post which I am planning on trying out in coming weeks because I don't think the Calais (Non-V) has a DVD player.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/72312-after-market-dvd-setup-ve.html

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
IF YOU PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON BEFORE YOU START THE CAR THE ALARM WONT GO OFF!

Correct. Once I found this out it got me out of the bad habit of driving off THEN putting my belt on.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
I'm due for my 3,000k service in a few weeks, early days but so far so good. If things like chimes and big pillars phase you, buy a bloody camry lol. All my life I have placed my seatbelt on before moving, learned from parents and stays with you forever. There's no time consuming task, put it on, start car and drive off simple. :) Oh and CSP I didn't notice it till now, but auto up windows?? only HSV get them?

Also the VE centre console lid excl. HSV/calais, anyone notice how easy the rubber is to scratch or mark? the one I had in VZ was different rubber and didn't mark as easily as the VE lid does IMO the rubber used on the current lid is umm average, might upgrade to a leather one.