Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE GTS exhaust upgrade.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Kpm & Difillipo are waaaay over-priced in my opinion.
Basically, anything over about $2750 for a full system is a joke i reckon !!!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A twin 2 1/2" is good to about 450hp/335kW, I prefer the 2 1/2" note on street cars anyway. Not ridiculously loud when you get into it, bugger all drone and fairly quiet when cruising.

Unless you go a huge cam or FI, then in my opinion, 2 1/2" is fine.

Mattyk_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV 08 GTS
yeah I think I might take you up on the deal for the 2.5 inch system. how do i get in contact with you? also does $2260 include delivering it I'm in south lake? do i need the o2 sensor extensions or will it all bolt straight up?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Not_An_Abba_Fan what would you believe is a better choice for the car the 2.5 inch or the 3 inch? will still be fine with a 2.5 if i was to just get a mild cam later down the track?

PM replied to.

It comes with everything you need to bolt it to the car except the bolts holding the extractors to the head, you re-use the originals. It also comes with the LHS O2 sensor extension. If you look at the thread mikey linked, there are pictures of it in there.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Ok, so your down the pub with your mates, you've called your girlfriend to pick you up as you've been drinking all afternoon.
She rocks up in your ute/car as a nice girl would, your mates go, "**** bro, nice rig, what size exhaust you running on that beast"
You look to the sky and say, "its 2.5 inch" "well some wanker on a forum told me a 2.5 inch will do the job, my girl said size doesn't matter, its all about you and how you feel".

Like ####, go big or go home.

No offence abba or op, just sayin.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
mikey where abouts did you find the difillipo for that price. pretty much the cheapest i have see was about $5000

http://www.exhaustshop.com.au/holde...wagon-di-filippo-complete-sports-exhaust-kit/

I'm not convinved it is $1200 better than the system NAAF is suggesting, but if I had money to burn, I'd want the Difilippo one haha.

Also, I'm just over in Bibra Lake, if the full twin 2.5" Manta system is tempting you, feel free to listen or look at to mine in person.

Last edited:

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
Ok, so your down the pub with your mates, you've called your girlfriend to pick you up as you've been drinking all afternoon.
She rocks up in your ute/car as a nice girl would, your mates go, "**** bro, nice rig, what size exhaust you running on that beast"
You look to the sky and say, "its 2.5 inch" "well some wanker on a forum told me a 2.5 inch will do the job, my girl said size doesn't matter, its all about you and how you feel".

Like ####, go big or go home.

No offence abba or op, just sayin.

If that's the case i suppose you'll be getting one of those massive bazooka exhausts tips the 4cyl turbo muppets buy as why have 2 dual 3" tips when you have dual bazzoka tips!....

It's a case of what works for you and your needs -- me i only need 2.5" as i'm only doing OTR and Exhaust. won't be doing cam or supercharger.
why spend an extra amount i don't need to to get another .5"

also your example "my girl said size don't matter"... if it's a foot long and 2.5" round i'm sure she'll take that over one that's 3" round and just as long, just saying lol

Mattyk_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV 08 GTS
cheers mikey but i ended up going the manta system from NAAF it should go well for what i want. i hopefully will have it on friday. ill post how it goes

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Mikey has the same system Matt, I think he was suggesting you have a listen to his so you know what yours will sound like.

And Willy, I see most of your posts are filled with sensible and useful information.