Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE GTS exhaust upgrade.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Sweet, end up going with 2.5" or 3"

Installing yourself?

Mattyk_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV 08 GTS
yeah i ended going 2.5. it should be perfect for what i want to do to mine.
yep installing it myself it shouldn't take to long I've done a couple of exhausts now haha. did you do it your self mikey

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
3 inch would be a waste if you dont plan to cam or go FI. 2.5" is perfect. Aussie Willy clearly has unresolved penis size issues which really aren't helpful when it comes to choosing an exhaust system.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
he's just got an ozzy willy (lol) and one very schmick ute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
I don't know if 3" is really a waste.... Although it may not give any extra power, it gives a different exhaust note that some people prefer.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
On a dyno, 3" will net you slightly more rwkw but it will affect driveability. You will lose a lot of low rev exhaust velocity so initial acceleration will suffer unless you have the cam to need the bigger exhaust.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Mikey has the same system Matt, I think he was suggesting you have a listen to his so you know what yours will sound like.

And Willy, I see most of your posts are filled with sensible and useful information.

Thanks, I try.

I wrote along reply here, but deleted, I don't want to make you feel bad or cry.
BTW, I don't have to make sense or post useful information, I'm not selling any thing but experience.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Thanks, I try.

I wrote along reply here, but deleted, I don't want to make you feel bad or cry.
BTW, I don't have to make sense or post useful information, I'm not selling any thing but experience.

You're such a wank mate. Keep your useless posts and stupid scenarios to yourself.

Mattyk_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV 08 GTS
I should be ok changing it. I helped my house mate change a motor out in his car a little while ago. So he owes me haha