Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE lemons

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I'm sorry, but I have to say this......hahahahahahahahaha.

Having driven both a VS and a VE, I have to say that while the VS is a good car, it has absolutely nothing on the VE...yes, the thick A-pillars are a pain if you're not used to modern cars (as others said, they're thick for a reason, and most new cars are the same), but really, apart from that the VE absolutely shits all over the VS, and really any previous model Commo.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
How much did you lose on the deal - 5K? just wanna know incase I have a moment of madness and buy a new Ford I dont like.

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
As said by most, why buy a car you're not satisfied with? Epic FAIL. It obviously just needs a wheel alignment, I could drive mine in a straight line without touching the wheel if I wanted to. You expect positive replies when you say the VE is a lemon for insignificant issues in a forum section with proud VE owners? Dude.. Fail.. the VS is obviously the right car for you

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Mate, before you go spending a lot of money on a car you have to do your research. I've read a lot of reviews on many Commodore models, but as far as I'm concerned the best advice comes from the people that actually own and drive the particular model you're interested in.

Then again I bought a VZ before they were manufactured. The first one I drove was mine, some 8 weeks after I ordered it. Same goes for the SIDI VE - actually I'd never even been in a VE before I ordered mine. Yes there are some things I think could be better, especially considering the $ spent in R&D of the car, but overall it's definately the best car I have owned, and one of the best I have driven.

jmancool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
The pillar issue would have been on the demo that you tested prior to your purchased - you did drive a VE before you put your money down didn't you?

The wider the tyres the more the car will track, it is common for any car.

Holden_Man

Coffin Dodger
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Berlina
Then again I bought a VZ before they were manufactured. The first one I drove was mine, some 8 weeks after I ordered it. Same goes for the SIDI VE - actually I'd never even been in a VE before I ordered mine. Yes there are some things I think could be better, especially considering the $ spent in R&D of the car, but overall it's definately the best car I have owned, and one of the best I have driven.

You show a lot of faith in the brand. I couldn't do that lol. I plan to test drive everything we're interested in hahaha.

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I have a 2007 Calais. I know what you mean about the pillar but trust me you will get used to it and learn to move your head a little. With the wandering I can tell you I can take my hands off the wheel for several seconds and the car tracks true and straight. I find often that the road itself can have tracks made, over time, by trucks that can pull your car (any car) around a fair bit. Check your tyre pressure and get a wheel allignment, as previously mentioned.

I drive a lot of rental vehicles in my job and I am always pleased to get back into my Commodore, when returning to my home airport, as it is comfortable, rides well and steers well compared to all the rental cars I drive.

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
I'm sorry, but I have to say this......hahahahahahahahaha.

but really, apart from that the VE absolutely shits all over the VS, and really any previous model Commo.

Except in the reliability stakes.
The VE is the least reliable Commodore EVER!!
And that is a fact.