Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

207rwhp ve omega

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
i just got my tune done for my ly7 alloytec omega, and just wondering what people reckon, if its good, bad or decent. ive got an engine back exhaust, 1 5/8 headers, 100 cell high flows, 3.7 diff gears with truetrac lsd, manifold spacer, and i was going to get an otr with the tune, but the guy said it wouldnt work because of the maf sensor, there would probably be a way, but ill be on my p's soon so its an easy defect. i went with a k&n filter, so not the best performance wise, the tuner said to put a growler intake in would cost me an extra 700, and for the money ive spent already, its not worth at all. i got the tourqe managment removed too, and 4k rev limiter removed in park/neutral because i might aswell. he said i made 10kw gain, i ended up with 155kw. not sure how i feel i think its a bit sh*t, becasue i see all these sidi engines making 200kw+, and my mates making 400kw+ in there subies. havent got the tourqe figures back yet as this is what ive been told over the phone. im assuming tourqe will be pretty high.
just wondering what people reckon anyway, cheers.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
, i ended up with 155kw. not sure how i feel i think its a bit sh*t, becasue i see all these sidi engines making 200kw+, and my mates making 400kw+ in there subies.
Well at the end of the day, Alloytecs just aren't an engine built for performance, as they're an economy focused V6... You can get a little more out of an SIDI as it's more advanced (direct injection, etc)... The 400kw that your friends are making is because it's an engine built for performance from factory (assuming it's a WRX)

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
Well at the end of the day, Alloytecs just aren't an engine built for performance, as they're an economy focused V6... You can get a little more out of an SIDI as it's more advanced (direct injection, etc)... The 400kw that your friends are making is because it's an engine built for performance from factory (assuming it's a WRX)
yeah thats what i figured, i havent even driven it yet, and at the end of the day thats all that really matters is how it feels, and the enjoyment you get from it. im sure itll feel faster, just seeing what other people get from there alloytecs, cause i can only really find sidi tunes, making 190 - 200kw+, and yeah its a turbo 1999 wrx.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
i just got my tune done for my ly7 alloytec omega, and just wondering what people reckon, if its good, bad or decent. ive got an engine back exhaust, 1 5/8 headers, 100 cell high flows, 3.7 diff gears with truetrac lsd, manifold spacer, and i was going to get an otr with the tune, but the guy said it wouldnt work because of the maf sensor, there would probably be a way, but ill be on my p's soon so its an easy defect. i went with a k&n filter, so not the best performance wise, the tuner said to put a growler intake in would cost me an extra 700, and for the money ive spent already, its not worth at all. i got the tourqe managment removed too, and 4k rev limiter removed in park/neutral because i might aswell. he said i made 10kw gain, i ended up with 155kw. not sure how i feel i think its a bit sh*t, becasue i see all these sidi engines making 200kw+, and my mates making 400kw+ in there subies. havent got the tourqe figures back yet as this is what ive been told over the phone. im assuming tourqe will be pretty high.
just wondering what people reckon anyway, cheers.
Are you discussing power at the crank, or power at the rear wheels?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
cause i can only really find sidi tunes, making 190 - 200kw+,
LF1/LFW 3 litre makes around 190kw

LTT and LFX 3.6 litre makes 210kw

These numbers are what Holden claims (at the crank)... Do you mean rwkw power output?

and yeah its a turbo 1999 wrx.
Also, they're much lighter than a Commodore... That thing would fly!

oi nah

Reaction score
Members Ride
rattletec
LF1/LFW 3 litre makes around 190kw

LTT and LFX 3.6 litre makes 210kw

These numbers are what Holden claims (at the crank)... Do you mean rwkw power output?

Also, they're much lighter than a Commodore... That thing would fly!
nah im talking about rwkw, ive seen on this forum with people having the same mods as me + an otr and making 190rwkw on a ve s2/ vf commodore