Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE performance after first service

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i guess that kind of consumption is a little unusual. I get 600-700kms from my VE. But i drive alone, conservatively, on freeways and towns, and at cool times of the day when the air is more dense but less resistant.

So, If you wife it driving only short distances (which would be assumed if she is only doing 10,000kms a year), then the car is probably not operating at peak operating temperature for very long, which means that car will be running a little rich for a short time. Im also assuming that your wife is driving around the same small country town as you are, meaning that most of the cars life has been used for accelerating, which of course uses more fuel that just cruising down the freeway. With your wife carting kids and shopping there will be a small increase in weight, that will have an influence on the cars fuel consumption.

The VY came out with the ECOTEC engine, which according to redbook got a combined fuel consumption rating of 8.8lt/100. Iv never seen this achieved but im sure its possible. The Ecotec had its torque lower in the rev range and was not needed to rev so hard to get the same grunt, which is handy for carting kids around.

I suggest taking the VE on a long drive, a very long drive and see how much fuel it uses. I dont mean just randomly driving till you run out of fuel. But the next big trip, or holiday take the VE and see how long the fuel lasts.
As for installing a K&N filter, i noticed no difference in performance and am considering reverting to the old filter. If you are going to install an exhaust system, get a SV6/SS 2/25" twin system. They are hell quiet but flow quite well.

good luck and welcome to the forum
CC