Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE S2 IQ Facia

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
See if you can find anyone in Sydney with the right software as the facia linking takes about 10 seconds with custom software if you just want to put a whole new facia on. All done through the OBD port. If you were in Adelaide I could it for you.
Do i need a tech2 or Autel Maxi906 do the trick? ive seen programming somewhere in the scanner. Also do you know where the epprom is? i can copy paste data from the old eeprom to the new one.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Yes. It very easy to do once all the panels are off.

But

The car won’t start and there will be problems with the radio not working. Why? Because it needs to have the same VIN stored in its eprom as all other modules on the car. If one isn’t the same, the whole network fails.

So. That starts to get expensive without having the right high end diagnostic tool to do that with.

You can send the replacement facia off to LSxtreme in Ballarat or Envyous Customs here in Perth, to be reflashed with your VIN and that gets it all working and ready to swap over.

Or

As I posted before, disassemble the facia, swap out the screens which won’t require reflashing data.
do you know where the epprom is? i can copy paste data from the old eeprom to the new one.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Do i need a tech2 or Autel Maxi906 do the trick? ive seen programming somewhere in the scanner. Also do you know where the epprom is? i can copy paste data from the old eeprom to the new one.
You need custom software and a tech 1 or 2 - Someone on this forum will have it in Sydney.
Never pulled a series 2 facia apart to read the eeprom as I just do it through the OBD port so can't help you there.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Yes. It very easy to do once all the panels are off.

But

The car won’t start and there will be problems with the radio not working. Why? Because it needs to have the same VIN stored in its eprom as all other modules on the car. If one isn’t the same, the whole network fails.

So. That starts to get expensive without having the right high end diagnostic tool to do that with.

You can send the replacement facia off to LSxtreme in Ballarat or Envyous Customs here in Perth, to be reflashed with your VIN and that gets it all working and ready to swap over.

Or

As I posted before, disassemble the facia, swap out the screens which won’t require reflashing data.
Hey mate i just put the fascia on and it worked as a gem! what should i look for before i out everything back! sorry not to meant be pushy but im just on the go atm lol

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
OMG SPOKE TO SOON!Turned the car off went to have a snack came back started the car and the acreen is black! popped the new fascia off and put the old one and still the same, Did i shot myself in the foot or what?

EDITED!

So unplugged the battery terminal for few minutes and now back to life again. And still works fine???

The culprit was i had a dead battery

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex