Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Cop Car

metalfossil

Reaction score
congrats metalfossil on ur purchase... i had a chance to buy an ex cop 07 ss at pickles auctions a few months back but like one of the other guys posted - thrashing the car at 4am in the morning cnt be good for the engine.. in the west of melbourne cops drive like ########s... so thats what held me back from buying it...

ended up picking up a 07 m6 ss for 24K with 64,000 in october so i was realy happy with the buy...

enjoy ur car man hope it doesnt give u dramas... :)

thanks...only drama so far is the temptation to put my foot down. Oh, and those drivers that think it is a cop car and quickly apply brakes as they go past. I guess the combination of my age, short short hair and sunglasses fools them.

metalfossil

Reaction score
All the cars Ive seen treated like ****, not serviced regularly etc have been privately owned cars.

Fleet cars generally always have good service history and cops cars dont get thrashed any more than your average lead foot hoon.

That being said buying a privately owned car or from a caryard is no less risky than buying an ex cop car.

This car is immaculate inside and out. Serviced regularly as well. RACV checked. I guess time will tell, but how does one tell if it has been mistreated?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
I would say don't buy it, it's a cop car and they get a hiding every now and then, which, yes is probabaly true.
But go buy a private V8 car of any kind and your probably going to find it has been hammered in some way, shape or form in it's life also.
Buy the car, it seems like a good deal...

metalfossil

Reaction score
I would say don't buy it, it's a cop car and they get a hiding every now and then, which, yes is probabaly true.
But go buy a private V8 car of any kind and your probably going to find it has been hammered in some way, shape or form in it's life also.
Buy the car, it seems like a good deal...

Yeah, thought of the privately owned argument as well. I guess the only way to avoid this is to buy new. However, my pockets aren't that deep.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, thought of the privately owned argument as well. I guess the only way to avoid this is to buy new. However, my pockets aren't that deep.
Exactly mate, not many peoples pockets are that deep...
Go for the cop car mate, it seems like a mint deal.

metalfossil

Reaction score
Exactly mate, not many peoples pockets are that deep...
Go for the cop car mate, it seems like a mint deal.

It was. Owned her for a week now. No complaints; even surprised how economical it is on the highway....

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, you must be a happy camper mate.
Be sure to post a my ride thread, i would love to see the progress on such a beast.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Mate of mine brought a VX SS and a VE SS ex pursuit cars from the government auctions and has never had a drama and they're always serviced and you know they get given a bit of a hard time so they iron out the problems i'd say go for it if you can get it for the right price!

metalfossil

Reaction score
Well, you must be a happy camper mate.
Be sure to post a my ride thread, i would love to see the progress on such a beast.

Not sure if I ever will be modding it; after driving a six for over ten years it's plenty quick enough...