Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss performance upgrades

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Just go the KPM you won't regret it. I have 2.5" full system in my wagon and I have no issues with drone.

At highway speeds it's very quiet. You get over the price pretty quickly.:yeah:

Agree with this even with the full 3" no matter what speed its quite, no droan, will be intersting to see how it goes with a decent cam, hopefully still stays droan free

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
KPM
Mines a 2.5 full system with 4 in 1 paceys with 1 3/4' primaries and it sounds awesome. Just added a decent size cam and it's better again and the best thing, no drone and mine's an auto.
I had just the catback to start with and didn't have problems there either with drone. If you're going to do this, do it right the first time and listen to as many as you can before you decide. What we say sounds good you may say sounds **** to you.
I can't speak highly enough of kpm's product and service. There's a reason you pay top dollar for them but you won't regret it. :)

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
If you're going to do this, do it right the first time and listen to as many as you can before you decide. What we say sounds good you may say sounds **** to you.

probably the best bit of advice on this thread.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
One of my mates has a full VCM Exhaust system, extractors, cats, twin 3inch cat back, along with their OTR and a tune.
His car is an auto, and there is no drone.
Personally I love the black look of the exhaust, as it almost looks stock (the stock rear mufflers being black) it doesn't stand out as much as a polished stainless system...
As for the tips, which tips are they using now? I've seen the VCM exhausts with 3 different tips...
As for the sound,
‪VCM VE Exhaust System 3" Stainless‬‏ - YouTube

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
KPM
Mines a 2.5 full system with 4 in 1 paceys with 1 3/4' primaries and it sounds awesome. Just added a decent size cam and it's better again and the best thing, no drone and mine's an auto.
I had just the catback to start with and didn't have problems there either with drone. If you're going to do this, do it right the first time and listen to as many as you can before you decide. What we say sounds good you may say sounds **** to you.
I can't speak highly enough of kpm's product and service. There's a reason you pay top dollar for them but you won't regret it. :)

Thats what i like to hear :D, hopefully the 3" stays droan free... although i think ive gone a bigger cam then you

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
Hey all,

First time post and new VE owner.

Looking to improve sound and performance on my 2007 VE SS.

Looking at spending around $3500 all up, for a stainless cat-back, OTR and tune.

At first I was set on the Autotechnique VE GEN-11 Kit: include 2.5" VCM cat back, VCM OTR and VCM tune.

I hear VCM OTR and tune is the best around so I'm set on that. BUT its the exhaust im not sure about.

My VE is Auto so I want no drone but the things I dont like about the VCM cat-back is the fact that it is all painted black and also im not a fan of the tips.

The other option for me is the 2.5" KPM stainless steel cat back. From wat I have read this is ment to be one of the best exhausts around both for sound and no drone.

However for Autotechniques GEN-11 package im looking at $3085

If I get the KPM 2.5" cat-back for $2290 fitted and then a VCM OTR and VCM Tune for $1485 thats a total of $3775

So my question after all this is do you think the KPM Exhaust is worth the extra $700 approx, just cause I think it look better and prob sounds better.

Please let me know wat you think.

Sorry for the long thread straight up. I just have not found many threads on people who have VCM Catbacks and wat the honestly think

Thanks guys

I would get Sureflow headers + cats with a 3" HM catback. (that combo works awesome, great power, nice sound and no drone on auto..)

Then go to GM and get Ramjet and tune for $990

In my opinion thats the way to go.:boxing:

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Sureflow does sound amazing (full system) - but they ain't cheap!!!

Their headers & cats are good, but i beg to differ bout their catbacks tho. I've got a couple of mates 1 with a 3.5inch single & another with a twin 3inch, and both systems were very poorly put together & both had to be modified to fit properly.