Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss performance upgrades

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
mild steel will last just as long and save ya heaps.

No, mild steel will wear out, stainless will not.
My vz ss went through a mild steel exhaust in the 3 years i had it, too much short running and the condensation build up rusted the sucker out cause it never got hot enough.

Azza160

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2007
ok finally booked my ve in for 2.5 inch KPM cat back, vcm OTR and vcm tune. All being done next thursday. The guy at autotechnique told me to choose the type of fuel I want to run in the VE because they tune it to that fuel. He suggested BP Ultimate, I would love to except for two reasons, on going higher cost and the fact that there are not many BP stations around my area, in fact I cant remember seeing a BP for ages.

What you guys think??

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I'd suggest either Ultimate or Vortex. Shell's V Power doesn't seem to be as good in my experience and everyone I've talked to has tended to agree

pazzogen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute 5.7
When i had my XR6T when i used vpower allways had soot on the back of the car, i use either BP or Caltex. Vpower just in emergency's

Advanced_Amatuer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2010
Ahh thought so.
Ive been very happy with the 98 octane.

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
KPM
Mines a 2.5 full system with 4 in 1 paceys with 1 3/4' primaries and it sounds awesome. Just added a decent size cam and it's better again and the best thing, no drone and mine's an auto.
I had just the catback to start with and didn't have problems there either with drone. If you're going to do this, do it right the first time and listen to as many as you can before you decide. What we say sounds good you may say sounds **** to you.
I can't speak highly enough of kpm's product and service. There's a reason you pay top dollar for them but you won't regret it. :)
hey mate how big of a cam did you fit , i had the 3" kpm pre slc exhaust and sold it because it was VERY LOUD when i fitted the vcm 7 cam and got one of there new 2.5" slc systems and it sound shithouse at idle .
sounds great while im driving it and is the level of noise im looking for , but at idle , im not happy with the flutter noise im getting every now and then , have spoken to kpm and are going to get them to check it out while im in adelaide in a few weeks as there may be something wrong with the mufflers , does yours have anything like this

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
have you checked out the range of walkinshaw packages or packages thru HPF give matt a call at HPF to get more advice