Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss suspension upgrade

Kannaz83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Equipe
Sounds like a great outcome for you. Happy to read that your car ride is softer than stock but handling has improved.

Imesha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks for all the above

Taking advice on board I've decided to limit my stuffing around and cost as best I can...

Koni Yellows installed with stock FE2 springs, half turn from full soft. Amazing difference in ride comfort - the standard FE2 shocks had only done 40 kkms but were harsh as - way too much compression damping, and floaty as - not enough rebound. Car is MUCH nicer to drive now. Rides SOFTER than stock but appears to corner better still. Probably outside wheel can still compress a little but inside one doesn't drop away, so better weight transfer. Would highly recommend this mod.

Only other thing I'd consider doing is slightly firmer springs to flatter out the ride a little more, i.e. more roll stiffness. But unless I could get them pretty cheaply and they didn't drop the car more than 2 cms all round not sure that I'd bother - ride is pleasant now, and plenty of clearance/compliance for speed humps and driveways :)

Hey, pulling up old thread.
Im looking at some Koni yellows too but im not too sure who stocks them. i was wondering who you bought them from and how much did it cost.

thank in advance