Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS ute on LPG?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I for one can't see the point in paying 76.9 cents per litre on LPG.

Maybe if it was still 50 cents per litre...

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
58.9 is what I paid last Wednesday and Saturday. You poor Canberronians.

It was really bad in Adelaide also. It was the first time I've paid 79.9c for a litre of gas.

Libran

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
So no one still thinks that a 6hp gain with a custom tune is pathetic, and shows gas offers no power increase?

G'day the injection system on the hunter gas site looks like a vapour injection "not liquid" as my Vapour injection system is a landi it looks a little different.

I have emailed them to confirm!!

also i traveled to melbourne and back today i did a bit more than 500km's on $48 of L.P.G. on the highway can you get those figures??

i will let you know what system it is as soon as they get back to me but i think you'll find its a vapour one not liquid

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
G'day the injection system on the hunter gas site looks like a vapour injection "not liquid" as my Vapour injection system is a landi it looks a little different.

I have emailed them to confirm!!

also i traveled to melbourne and back today i did a bit more than 500km's on $48 of L.P.G. on the highway can you get those figures??

i will let you know what system it is as soon as they get back to me but i think you'll find its a vapour one not liquid

Depends what you paid per litre for gas and how much it used. If that was $48 for a full tank then it works out at 15/l - 100km, which isn't exactly good. The only way I could put my car on gas was if fuel economy got better than it currently gets at 8.2 per 100 on the highway. No way in hell it would happen. I know a few guys with gas systems on their LS1's, they are filling up twice a week compared to their once a week on fuel before the conversion. They are also making much less power than they were previously even after everyone telling them there would be no difference.

Keep lpg to bbq's where it belongs.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Meh !!! Who cares if a VE SS or HSV has got LPG fitted ? Maybe he plans to cross the Nullabour a few times a year and doesn't want to buy 3K worth of fuel ?

It's not like he's taking a gas-axe to a Walkinshaw and cutting the roof off to make a convertible or something stupid.

Gas is great when it's not badly tuned and playing up.

I agree... the dedicated injected systems are the go for maximized performance. :thumbsup:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Depends what you paid per litre for gas and how much it used. If that was $48 for a full tank then it works out at 15/l - 100km, which isn't exactly good. The only way I could put my car on gas was if fuel economy got better than it currently gets at 8.2 per 100 on the highway. No way in hell it would happen. I know a few guys with gas systems on their LS1's, they are filling up twice a week compared to their once a week on fuel before the conversion. They are also making much less power than they were previously even after everyone telling them there would be no difference.

On our XR8, the gas milage is about 12l/100 and petrol is 11.8l/100.

Minux, these guys with LS1 probably have throttle body injected systems and most likely have a bad tune also.

Or because they perceive gas to be so cheap, they drive much harder than they would on petrol. Who knows.

Libran

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore

Sorry matey not right, ok now like i said in my comment on my trip i did a bit over 500 nearly 510km to be procise
I have a 70 ltr tank and i also had 5 people in the car(with me included) so it works out at 7.28km per ltr of gas
Now before i converted the car L.P.G. i got at best on my own in the car on the highway (admitadly not to melbourne) was 600km per 75 ltr of optimax petrol so thats 8km per ltr of optimax fuel on the best condisions,
also on the "vapour" injection i have gives me apsolutly NO loss of power

Libran

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
The gas system listed on hunter technologies site, the one thats been put up to show specs is not liquid injection it is vapour injection i have had a email conferming that

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
The only way I could put my car on gas was if fuel economy got better than it currently gets at 8.2 per 100 on the highway.

Well, dont think any gas system is going to provide better than that on a V8. The best I get is 9-10L/100km on the highway with lpg with a v6 and 6-7L/100km on petrol.
The arithmetic still make sense to run on lpg, if its less than half the price and one only uses up to 30% more it makes running on petrol as rational as opening up the window at 100km/h and letting the notes fly out of your wallet.

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
Surely you are exaggerating those prices.

mate i am not exaggerating those prices... here is wat we pay for our diesel!!!
I took this photo 2 days ago wen i filled up my dads 200 series land cruiser... the price we pay is ****ed!!!
l_0df58eb61a3e87273f304eec758c778e.jpg