Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve- ssv door trim

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
Is the build quality good on these cars, VE's in general??

I have had my beautiful SSV for six months and have had nothing but issues with the way they put it together. You may have read my posts -unfortuantly they've gone now. Trouble with boot lid, door trim, glove box, replacing all carpet as they forgot to put the underlay in, runs rough. Now steering wheel, rear of front seats - should I go on! Didnt seem to give a **** when they built it, and they still dont! Hoping nobody else had these issues as it does your head in!!:bang:

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I have had my beautiful SSV for six months and have had nothing but issues with the way they put it together. You may have read my posts -unfortuantly they've gone now. Trouble with boot lid, door trim, glove box, replacing all carpet as they forgot to put the underlay in, runs rough. Now steering wheel, rear of front seats - should I go on! Didnt seem to give a **** when they built it, and they still dont! Hoping nobody else had these issues as it does your head in!!:bang:

whooa ! ..havent had that many problems .. just the door trim so far.(touch wood)..on another note ! .. have you set up your bluetooth mobile yet?
i have and for some reason the radio cuts out every so often even though nobody is calling or txting.. then it comes up with " voice in" ( or out)..
do you get the same thing.. could it be picking up another mobile device or transmision .. does it quite often !

mossiek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESSV VTSS
whooa ! ..havent had that many problems .. just the door trim so far.(touch wood)..on another note ! .. have you set up your bluetooth mobile yet?
i have and for some reason the radio cuts out every so often even though nobody is calling or txting.. then it comes up with " voice in" ( or out)..
do you get the same thing.. could it be picking up another mobile device or transmision .. does it quite often !

Nah, havent set it up yet, but I have heard of the same things happening as with you. There are threads about the bluetooth somewhere on the VE forums (if theyre still up) Sorry Im no help. :whistling

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
Bugger, I didn't realise it was that bit.. I can't see how they could say that you had ripped it off. I don't think any sane person would look at that part of the car and even try.. Unfortunatly it depends on the person you deal with as to what resolve you get..

RE the build quality, I can't fault my car at all or the VE range for that matter. I deal with a lot of omegas and dont really see problems, or any more problems that the other manufacturers...Unfortunatly there will always be a few that have problems..

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Bugger, I didn't realise it was that bit.. I can't see how they could say that you had ripped it off. I don't think any sane person would look at that part of the car and even try.. Unfortunatly it depends on the person you deal with as to what resolve you get..

RE the build quality, I can't fault my car at all or the VE range for that matter. I deal with a lot of omegas and dont really see problems, or any more problems that the other manufacturers...Unfortunatly there will always be a few that have problems..

are you north of the river ?

FPV 4 T

myspace.com/attakarrak
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2008 VE HSV Clubsport R8.
open up the rear door today and the trim that follows the door recess almost fell off .. took it to phoenix holden and they rekon i or someone had reefed it off .. after some discusion i flew into a rage ..told them what i thought of them an drove off .. then visited clarkson holden.. they had a good look and said it may or may need have been forced but was hard to tell..but they didnt think they could get away with a warranty claim .. at least they were diplomatic about it and would do thier best to help me out..
however i can plainly tell that the clips that are attached to the trim have come unstuck/glued from the trim .. anyway even if it had been pulled off you would like to think that the clips stayed attatched to the trim would you not .. $ 70 for a new one .. not happy jan !

Phoenix Holdnen are ****ed... My dad had some problems with his SS-V and he took it to them and was treated in much the same way az you did... I found that City Motors on Newcastel st in Perth have prooved them selves to me also thats where I got my VE Clubby from... thay are good there :)

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION

The bluetooth will only activate when your phone does. You will find that after you use the phone and hang up, your phone might go into 'lock' after some time without you realising it. When it does this it will activate the 'voice in' and then disconnect. The 'voice in ' means the blue tooth has paired with your car.