Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve starting problems

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has experiences the same issues. I have an 07 ve v and it has had the check engine light for the timing chains they have carried out the software version check roughly 5-6 months ago and it hasn't come back on. How ever when starting the car once it's been sitting there for ages it's fine and starts excatly how it should but sittin there for a little like an hour or so it will have trouble and sounds like the starter motor is continually running and then times it's self out or the fuel injectors aren't spraying enough to start the car or something like that. I will try get a video of what I mean up ASAP really want this fixed cos it doesn't sound healthy starting up. I do get the engine light but when I scan I get no faults stored. Also mention once it has it's hissy fit while starting it won't do it again until been sitting there for a certain time

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
No one got any idea or similar issue

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Are you a member of an Auto Club such as NRMA. RACV. RACQ, RAA etc. If so, consult with them as most have a member workshop diagnostic service. Book your car in, they check it and report on any problems.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
So lucky enough a Holden tech walked into my workshop and I grabbed him to get his thoughts, his adamant and certain (correct me if I'm wrong) it's the MRA fuel pump and sender assembly bleeding down and having low fuel pressure on start up once it's been sitting there for a bit, can anyone else confirm or has had this change? It makes sense why it was stalling on cold cold mornings cos the fuel wasn't being pulled through and the rough starting was because it was priming the fuel through the pump and by the second time around it's already good to go.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Anyone at all???

SSVREDLINEUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SSV Redline ute 6.0 M6
"I do get the engine light but when I scan I get no faults stored."

Ok, Holden's tech 1 will pull that code out.. The scanner I have won't pull those codes out either.

I have had the light come up briefly and went away, I couldnt get the code. Holden's pulled it and it was a multiple misfire.. Unrelated to your issue.

Take it Holden's and keep pushing the issue..

Something is not right there, they'll find it!

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
It goes away I think because it's low fuel pressure and as soon as it starts its fine again and pulls the light off cos it's all working fine again

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Should still store the code in its history.
Are you using an obdII scanner?

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Yes an obdII scanner and iv tried 2 and both say "no faults stored"

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Anyone got any further advice??