Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Strut Braces

big_al44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hi all, new to the forums and the car modding world.

this may be a stupid question so go easy on me :p

i would like to put a strut brace on my VE SS, i can find kits for the front. i think the brand "whiteline" is the way to go.

are there any kits for a rear strut brace for a VE sedan? if not, is there a reason they dont make them for the rear?

your input is appreciated.
thanks
Al

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Don't think there's anything to bolt them to for the rear.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Sway bars are definitely the way to go, however I do like the look of a nice strut brace lol

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
dont waste your $ on a strut brace for street driving. VE strut towers dont "walk around" like earlier commys. maybe ok if your doing 150kmh around a bend on a track but on the street they are just there for the wank factor thats it. as the others said spend your hard earned underneath the car -shocks/springs/bars/bushes etc..

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
I have changed bushes and installed a strut brace. I'm happy with the results, a marked improvement from standard.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
If your after handling when pushed hard then yes a strutbrace will help but id be doing a decent spring/shock combo then swaybars and bushes. if your still not satisfied then get a strut brace.

As for the rear I do believe there are some around but most are custom fabricated. I find because of the heavy nose the front tends to oversteer however the rear behaves quite well so I haven't bothered to much with it yet.

Even with all these mods the car will be still be pretty useless without decent rubber on all corners anyway. So there's a bit more to it than most think.
Hope this helps if you want one just for looks then go for it your not hurting anyone.

mkeman2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Thunder Ute
Tried to put a front whiteline strut brace on my VE SS SII ute, but I have to drill the holes apparently? is this true?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Tried to put a front whiteline strut brace on my VE SS SII ute, but I have to drill the holes apparently? is this true?

Yes, it's very simple and easy to do though. Don't stress.

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
I have a Bmr strut brace that u don't need to drill any holes for that I'm selling