Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Fuel Consumption...?

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
There is nothing wrong with E10 it does not destroy anything if your car is made for it, I had a 2003 SS and use it when it first came out and experimented with it, the E10 was crap when it first came out, torque was down below 1800RPM and she used more fuel as sitting on the highway at 100KM/H it does 1450RPM, but then Shell first came out with an improved E10 and it was good the torque was just as 91 unleaded under 1800RPM but sitting on the highway everyday I would punch in a fuel trip setup at the same spot where I use cruise control for 70km of the trip and over the years 8.1/100 was the best and I got this regardless of E10 91, 95, 98, 100 octane used, now on windy days it used up to say 8.6/100 but if air con was used that's where E10 used more fuel than the 91 around 9.6/100 so I did not use E10 in summer and 91 got 9.2/100 with air con on.
So E10 in this 5.7L V8 does prove to be fine, but if demand is made it proves it will use more than unleaded, but with a smaller engine working harder to maintain speed I am sure it will always use more fuel with E10 and around town driving as well.

I have never had a problem with the injectors at all in 220,000KM

In alloytec V6 look at the exhaust tail pipe, is it all caked with carbon does it use a lot of oil as a lot do, well the oxygen sensors would be the first thing to look at if she is using a lot of fuel.

Lady 1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 ve omega ute
Hi Guys,

Just picked up my 08 VE SV6 Commodore last week and on my 2nd tank of fuel.

I'm really shocked. Filled up a full tank of E10 - cost me $105 (@ 1.350/L) and managed to get 410kms out of it. -

I don't drive crazy or heavy footed.

What I want to know is how is everyone else doing with fuel consumption? Is there anything I can do to make the SV6 a lil better on fuel? Eg cleaner injectors?
Mate I recently bought a 2008 omega ute and its chewing average is 15ltres per 100km high way use its in the shop now interesting to see what its like when I get it back.

Been0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ve sv6
Mate I recently bought a 2008 omega ute and its chewing average is 15ltres per 100km high way use its in the shop now interesting to see what its like when I get it back.
I believe it’s got a different engine compared to the ve sv6’s, so probably not a fair comparison

LY7 vs LFX