Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
How ya going with the auto Dale...will you have the ability to vary shift points?

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
dont have auto shifting done yet, might look at it later..

i need a auto car for 10min to test..

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
G'day Dale...any update of the auto SIDI tune yet? Am also looking at a Diff change on the SIDI and have been advised that HPT interfaces cannot access the VSS therefore cannot manipulate VSS Pulse Output (Pulse Per Rev) for speedo callibration etc. Would you be able to do this?

Last edited:

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII

Venzoid

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Ute MY10
SIDI 3.6L Auto Ute MY10

Hello can anyone give me some info on the MY10 SIDI 3.6L SV6 Auto, I been reading a few of ur blogs and formus and have had plently of good information and also some conflicting,,,,

Is it worth fitting headers/extractors to this eng/trans set up?
Is it worth fitting a aftermarket exhaust? The standard exhaust looks more then adequet?
Are the standard V6 CATS worth keeping on after header/extractor fitment? Iv heard of people running V8 CATS any good?
Iv heard of people fitting V8 Rear mufflers or aftermarker mufflers, what brand/set up sounds good? As everone knows a bad exhaust on a V6 is shamefull!
Who Dyno's or Flash Tunes 3.6L SIDI in Queensland ie:Townsville, Mackay, Brisbane? And has anyone had wothwhile experiance doing so?
What type of high flow air filter is the best to run OTR? AirHammer? K&N? I dont think they even make one yet do they?
What type of engine model is the MY10 SIDI 3.6L V6? ie: eg: LS6, LS1 ect.......

I know that is a heap of Info im asking for, but any guidance would be good if anyone could share good & bad experiances and products?

I got the car as a dealer registered demo, it now only has 11,600km on it, It's a great car & Im more then happy with it!!
But I just want a little bit extra punch out of it, and before anyone goes "Buy a V8!" I sold my old VU SS Ute LS1 V8 6sp Man with around 330kw to buy the SV6 as the old girl was getting a bit rough & I wanted all the mod cons, safety, looks, rego costs, and fuel economy that the SV6 MY10 offers!

Would love to see CAPA or someone of the likes to produce a Whipple Super Charger sometime in the near future!!!!

Cheers

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Engine is an LLT. Wait just a couple of months to purchase a CAI as both ORSSOM and VCM are about to launch an OTR for the SIDI. Yes I think the extractors were a good purchase and I have used V8 cats on mine as the fellas that fit mine said it was easier to mod the stock V8 ones rather than the stock SIDI ones to fit. I was told that the V8 cats flow the same as the V6 ones so if you feel you need higher flow then there is always the more expensive aftermarket cat option. As far as the sound and rear mufflers are concerned then this is all a matter of personal preferance...check out you tube. Have a chat to Steve at MACE Engineering in Melbourne in regards to your tune as he offers a remote tuning option that can alter both ECM and TCM.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Just go the Airhammer, OTR's really aren't feasible on our V6's as you will loose power as seen in monaro327's back to back tests and the fact that mafless tuning on these aren't possible. As for exhaust just change the rear mufflers, if you want abit more go headers, swap out the crimps etc for straight pipe.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Kuzman may well be correct about the OTR and I understand that companies have a certain interest in the release of test info on there gear but this Dyno_VE_V6_Sidi_OTR_Medium_Web_view.jpg does not support that.

Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I find the graph abit misleading. Should just compare the same car with different CAI's. Not only could the first car be a non-sidi (as it doesn't say), the first car may be loosing power with the 2.5" exhaust or may have been a friday build, much in the same way you see some stock VE's SS's putting out 200rwkw and others 220rwkw. They should have tested the same car under same conditions rather than different cars with different setups.