Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I still have my doubts, 9.5rwkw and 18nm gain just from a CAI swap? When I got my car dynoed, first go stock it was 140rwkw, second go stock it jumped upto 150rwkw without changing anything, just letting the car warm up, but if thats the case then thats an impressive gain, though compared to the growler I'd agree as imo SS inductions growlers aren't very impressive.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah agree that there are a lot of factors that will cause differences in Dyno runs and that the Growler is not considered one of the better pods and therfore the gains shown are questionable however what it also shows is that an OTR is OK and maybe even better than a pod for a SIDI that has an exhaust and a tune.

Last edited:

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Yeah fair enough, the back to back tests I saw was pre-SIDI so possibly the OTR system on the SIDI might be the better alternative. Love if Dale would chip in with his experiences.

MACE

Reaction score
The main problem with the SS inductions item is that the pipe between the throttle body and MAF is still standard. This still poses a reasonable restriction, unlike the air hammer item which upgrades this as well.

With the bonnet closed you won't find a great deal off difference an OTR (depending on the type) and air hammer setup I would imagine

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The main problem with the SS inductions item is that the pipe between the throttle body and MAF is still standard. This still poses a reasonable restriction, unlike the air hammer item which upgrades this as well.

With the bonnet closed you won't find a great deal off difference an OTR (depending on the type) and air hammer setup I would imagine

Yeah agreed Steve the pipe is the letdown for the SS Inductions. Will be interesting to see a few more tests on the OTR paired with the SIDI as they come on to the market. The OTR appears to be the intake of choice for the V8 fellas so seems to make sense that would be the same for the V6 wouldn't it?

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
Give OzTrack tuning a call, I think Steve (OzTrack) and Charlie (CAI/Orssom) are looking for a V6 sidi to test a new OTR on. might be what you need.

trebble99

Reaction score
Members Ride
vesv6s2
that isnt asidi ausie 3-6, for starters oil filter is rong engine cover is rong,sv6 motor has sep,manafolds 3ltr''s manafolds are part of the heads.if im not mis.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
that isnt asidi ausie 3-6, for starters oil filter is rong engine cover is rong,sv6 motor has sep,manafolds 3ltr''s manafolds are part of the heads.if im not mis.

Get a dictionary before you post mate.