Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 MY10 SIDI chip tuning

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
If the car didn't go fast enough for the OP then why buy the thing in the first place when there are soooo many other options available?

Reaper

P-plates?

personally, it doesn't matter what car i bought I would always want to mod it, make it stand out from the average.

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
If the car didn't go fast enough for the OP then why buy the thing in the first place when there are soooo many other options available?

Reaper

I bought the car because it has a nice ride and also a good starting point.
Also at 34k you can't really complain for the power, also its a work thing
But in saying that even if I got the SS MY10 i would still be asking the same question.
Essentially you need a starting point don't you???

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, the 3.6L only has one port as well.

Attachments

• 3.6L SIDI.jpg
    3.6L SIDI.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,438

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I bought the car because it has a nice ride and also a good starting point.
Also at 34k you can't really complain for the power, also its a work thing
But in saying that even if I got the SS MY10 i would still be asking the same question.
Essentially you need a starting point don't you???

dude, you cant have it both ways.
the sidi's arent build for power, they are built for fuel economy.
i just bought myself an sidi, and the only reason I did was because it was more fuel efficient than a lot of brand new 4 cylinder cars out there.

and that's my point... i was considering 4bangers, not v6 or v8.
you've bought a car that is targetted to buyers who have no or very little intention of modding it for more power. they want fuel economy... and as gay as a single exhaust port is, if it saves fuel (which it obviously does, otherwise holden wouldnt have changed it) then dont be surprised if it takes a long time for demand to build here on OS 'performance upgrades' to be available locally for the sidi's. it's like power mods for a prius... not gunna be a popular product i would think :).

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i think you'll find the single exhaust port isn't a fuel saving thing more a cost saving one.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
it is cast into the block so i cant see a cost saving but emmisions might be more likely

sv6newby

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ute
i have a MY10 sidi ute. im finding a great difference in terms of performance if you use 98 ron fuel. i been using vpower.
at first i thought there was no differnce but my best example was comparing the v power to the normal 91 fuel on a particualrly steep hill.
with the 91 ron in the tank i could use 4th gear up 2 the top of this hill but it had nothing in reserve and the speedo was dropping from 90kmh to 85kmh
with the 98 ron vpower i stayed in 4th all the way and it had the torque to pull above 90kmh.
and regardless of if im driving up hills or not there is more torque in every gear with the 98 ron petrol.

and its a cheap performance mod a spose. probly 300 bux extra a year to use the 98 over the normal unleaded.
im still yet to determine if i get better fuel economy from the vpower tho due to the extra power i have to play with!

Brad

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
slightly off topic...... and i am far too lazy to research.
Is there any talk in the future of SIDI in the V8?

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
lol can u imagine if they had one exhaust port on the 8's, they would be a joke.. The Sidi 3.6 is about 210kw's so would it hav been higher if they stuck to 3.. Hopefully Pacemaker can whip something up for the SIDI boys... Plus if performance is ur main goal wouldn't an 8 be better suited...