Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 - worst air con EVER?

Jaysta007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
My air con used to just cut out for no reason at all, I would have it on mid way and then just stops, if keep it about 1/4 turned on was fine, other times it would work over 1/2 way and not cut out, very weird...

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
hmm, i got a few more K's on my girl, but the air-con has been quite weak in most conditions that involve sunlight...
it also has this habit of chucking a fit when i first start the car (fan runs from low speed to full speed and back again over and over until i turn it off, wait, and turn on again)...

So, i guess i'lll make way to a dealer and see if they'd take a look at it.. (I'll add it to the list of problems though...)
seeing this thread, guess i don't feel so bad complaining about poor air-con performance..

Mine chucks a fit too but a bit more annoyingly... A/C Runs fine and for some unknown reason the fan stops completely. Turn it off and back on to try resetting the thing but nothing happens. The screen says the fan is on and running when it clearly isn't. I have to pull over, turn the car off completely and then restart the engine. Doesn't happen too often but it does happen.

The A/C at least does spit out an artic breeze when the fan is running! :D

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Free fix

a software upgrade will fix that, it fixed mine :)

Reporting back in....

Took car to Holden with complaints; "A/C pulsates from high speed to low speed when first turned on, and A/C doesn't seem cold."

Car has returned from dealer, comments;
"HVAC module software, confirmed fault and carried out sps programming of HVAC module as required. Calibrate air mix doors as required also."

Same day turnaround (Whilst doing a WHOLE bunch of other work), no charge to me, it's all under warranty, and best of all, the A/C works as it's supposed when the car turns on, and OMFG, i could freeze salmon in there now!!!!

AWESOME!

Degeko

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Calais 5.0L, MY12 VE SV6
I Traded in my 02 VY Berlina (210,000k) for a MY8.5 Calais V (18,000km) and noticed the aircon on the VE wasnt as good as the VY. Thought it was because i didnt have window tint but looks like im off to Holden to get it checked.

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
Reporting back in....

Took car to Holden with complaints; "A/C pulsates from high speed to low speed when first turned on, and A/C doesn't seem cold."

Car has returned from dealer, comments;
"HVAC module software, confirmed fault and carried out sps programming of HVAC module as required. Calibrate air mix doors as required also."

Same day turnaround (Whilst doing a WHOLE bunch of other work), no charge to me, it's all under warranty, and best of all, the A/C works as it's supposed when the car turns on, and OMFG, i could freeze salmon in there now!!!!

AWESOME!

I have had no aircon problems, usually have frostbite when I get out of the car but have noticed it alternating between high and low when you first turn it on. Reckon it's worth dropping it in to the dealer? Still under warranty, I'm determined to get as much out of it as I can :p

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
I have had no aircon problems, usually have frostbite when I get out of the car but have noticed it alternating between high and low when you first turn it on. Reckon it's worth dropping it in to the dealer? Still under warranty, I'm determined to get as much out of it as I can :p

yeah, i'd get it checked...
(make a list of ALL the little things (and big) things ya want checked, and book it in for a day to get it ll sorted... saves a hundred trips for a hundred little things!

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Fault Found!

Hi,

I was totally happy with AIRCON performance in my VY II.

Initially was even happier with my MY09 VE. However, performance dropped away in the lead up to this summer.

Had it looked at during the 30K service. Fault code B0418 found A/C Temp Actuator fault. Replaced under warranty and all is good again.

Get Holden to fix it under warrabty as others have said.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
I think i might get mine checked out, it seems to take a while for the compressor to kick in and fan speed seems to ramp up 3 times (5-10seconds between each ramp in speed).

Degeko

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Calais 5.0L, MY12 VE SV6
Mine goes in today for it to get checked, After hitting the service manager with a few questions she told me that VE's have had a fair few different problems with AC, Mainly with temp sensors.