Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Troubleshooting - Advise Needed

Simon[SSV-G8]

Simon[SSV-G8]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10 Special Edition G8 Utility
Hi everyone.

Need some advise:(

I've Got a problem at present with the VE, Been searching through a variety of threads for info with limited luck, and hoping someone has seen something similar to help.

The car is a 2010 Holden VE SSV Ute.
Not long ago the car indicated it was due for its 90K service. No big deal, just a service reminder after all.
Not long after that, the drivers door actuator started playing up occasionally where the stereo wouldn't turn off when the door was opened. Again should be no big deal, I'll get a new one from Holden during the service above.

However:
Last Last night the car clicked a few Km over 90,003k - just as I was pulling up to park. I Put it in reverse and immediately the check engine warning light came on, and has stayed on since.
Since it was late and i had to get home again, I was later forced to drive about 50km with it on.
During that time, Not 1 odd sound has been heard, no smoke, no odd fumes or smells, no vibrations, no overheating, voltage and pressures are fine, no fluid leaks or issues - Nothing whatsoever to suggest the car has a mechanical issue.
I Drive it again this morning, and again apart from the service light and the door actuator, I can not pick any possible problem for the check engine warning light.

Since I cant get it to a garage until after the weekend, I was hoping someone has seen similar to this before.

Could the warning light be because of the door actuator or the service requirement?

Could the warning light be due to a sensor or part which will NOT have any negative bearing on the cars performance, and leave it safe for me to to drive over the weekend?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Just turn it off.

Simon[SSV-G8]

Simon[SSV-G8]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10 Special Edition G8 Utility
Sorry all I also though i was in the VE forum... I need to work out how to move the thread now :S

I'll just create a new on in the VE forum.. mods, feel free to please close this one :)

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Actually keep it open because I had my mate service my VF and I can't get rid of the service warning. I read that is was press the Start button once without your foot on the clutch, pump the accelerator 3 times and then turn the car on. Tried that about 20 times and it doesn't work.

6LVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
I think you need to turn on ignition,press accelerator all the way to floor 5-6 times very quickly n that should reset your service indicator lamp on the VF.
Never tried it but remember reading it.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
Already tried that too and it doesn't work.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
I had a check engine warning light on my ve sv6 that kept coming and going, it turned out to be an oxygen sensor. Holden said it may have been damaged due to dodgy ,possibly water contaminated fuel. First time it appeared was immediately after I had refuelled with a low tank ,fuel warning light had been on for about 20 kms.
Holden replaced the sensor under warranty, never had a ny other kind of problem with that ute.