Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE UTE BlindSpots

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Yeah, there's not really an easier way. Try to adjust your mirror so you can see in there anything you can't see over your shoulder and out the back window - the quarter glass is pretty much useless with that much trim around it - at least it is at my height. But it wasn't really any different in previous models. You just get used to it in the end. Sporting a neck injury where you have less head movement than batman makes things interesting!

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Toyota 105 series Landcruiser
Yeah I've been starting to get used to it but like when trying to merge into traffic on the angle like a freeway on ramp, there's a blind spot for me that could nearly hide a semi trailer.. which isn't something i want to miss seeing in my mirror haha.
Awell ill just have to make sure Ive always got my gorgeous girlfriend riding shotgun to check for me :)

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i usually try n spot a car behind me, let them go infront then shoot infront so i know noone is gunna feel the wrath of my door haha. where abouts are you located to do detailing if i may ask?

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
Castle Hill, is that in Newcastle or Sydney?

wedgee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV redline ute in Phantom
Best way for me to see the rear blind spot is to use my rear view mirror on the windscreen, just lean a lot closer to it and you can see pretty much everything. Kinda hard to explain but yeah , lean close as you can and to the right a little and you can see the spot on the drivers side easily. For passenger side a quick neck snap or same but opposite in rear view.
Between blind spots to the rear and those huge windscreen (A pillar??) pillars to the front and add to that I'm short , pain in the ass :)

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks wedgee, ill have to try that i think i understand what you mean, but yeah ill give that idea a try next time i need to see in that big blind spot :)

velj

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve sv6 ute
agree just lean forward and look ito ur mirrors helps a bit, but vision is fairly ****, gettingto the head checks, i recon they are ####en stupid, you see these adds on tv about taking your eyes off the road for one second can risk a life, headchecks are the same, what if the person in front jumps on the brakes? bang ur ####ed, just have to be careful i guess, and no what is happening around you, come to melbourne mate, more ########s down here then in newcastle lol.