Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE UTE BlindSpots

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Could you set up a little camera and a screen for you blind spot?
Just a cheap unit off eBay.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Use the little circle mirrors on both your side mirrors, helps alot.
I drive a FG ute as my work hack and if you think the VE has a massive blind spot, drive an FG!
I can't see out of the side pillar window as its set so deep into the trim around it. And I can only see out the back window by turning my head left...
Turning it right gives me a great view if the headrest...

Takes at bit of getting used too, but those mirrors help. And learning which way to turn your head :)

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
agree just lean forward and look ito ur mirrors helps a bit, but vision is fairly ****, gettingto the head checks, i recon they are ####en stupid, you see these adds on tv about taking your eyes off the road for one second can risk a life, headchecks are the same, what if the person in front jumps on the brakes? bang ur ####ed, just have to be careful i guess, and no what is happening around you, come to melbourne mate, more ########s down here then in newcastle lol.

Wow I hope you never drive anywhere near me, surprised you have a licence to be honest. Maybe you should hand it in.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Wow I hope you never drive anywhere near me, surprised you have a licence to be honest. Maybe you should hand it in.

Velj is right. Set your mirrors properly, and always be aware of the vehicles around you, and you don't need to do head checks.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Eh? If they are so unsafe explain why they are a mandatory part of driving tests?

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Eh? If they are so unsafe explain why they are a mandatory part of driving tests?

So is checking all 3 mirrors every 3 seconds when I did my P's test. Doesn't mean you should look in all 3 mirrors every 3 seconds you drive.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Mirrors aren't infallible.. Turning your head for a second to check there isn't a car beside you when driving in traffic is no dangerous.. If in that second you aren't looking forward you crash your car then A) you're too close to the car in front or B) you suffer from hands following head (steer left when looking left).
I may be off but I check my mirrors a lot when driving.

matt30186

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 Wagon
being aware of whats around you is all well and good but if you are concentrating on the car in front because he is braking randomly or erratically, you might not notice the motorbike fly up from behind you and sit next to you. in your mirror blind spot.

head checks should be the first thing anyone does when lane changing or merging. only way to guarantee there is nothing there.

yeah head checking if youre too close to the car in front is dangerous, but then again, perhaps you shouldn't be tailgating.

if you can't head check safely then you shouldn't be on the road.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
If the mirrors are set up properly and you lean into them it's just as effective as doing a head check without turning your head away from the road. Pretty simple to do really.