Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Ute Sound System Quote $2400

mavro

mavro
Reaction score
Website
www.mavromatis.nl
Members Ride
VX 5.7ss
$700 for the dynamat is alot of $$$
i dont think you system will need the stuff.
spend the $$$$ on a subwoofer for under a seat, i have this one in mine TS-WX11A.
its 150watts with built in amp.
ask you dealer if he can find you one, together with what he wants to sell you, your system will be fine..... and just forget the dynamat...

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I much rather take the dynamat than a cheap underpowered sub...

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
A 150 watt sub???? your kidding right?? OP, just like when your in the shop, be careful as to who you chose to take advice from-

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Has anyone put in this dynamat in the ute? Will i really get 700 dollars worth of quality out of it? I think the most noise you get out of that ute is coming up from the tires.

Proper application of dynamat will lower the resonant frequency of the surface its applied to.. So it will stop surfaces from resonating woth your music. Theoretically it lowers road noise aswell. The best use for it I've found is to apply it in doors along with sealing service holes with mdf or similar. This will make sort of a speaker box for your mid drivers, tightening up the sound etc.

A good quality pair of splits installed properly will sound a lot better than a crap pair installed poorly with a poor quality sub backing them up.

sv6_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 60th Anniversary
I'm really not after a sub i don't listen to much bass orientated music and i'd prefer to not have room taken up by a sub. The speakers he suggested he trialed for me, they sounded amazingly good (on a wall in a store anyway), but i'm more interested in knowing if i can simply go to 300 dollar speakers and hardly notice the difference.

I live in Clayton, Victoria. Am willing to travel pretty much anywhere around Melbourne for a good service :)

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Looks like you've got some quality gear. if you want to compare 2 diff speakers (what u quoted above and the cheaper $300 ones,) just make sure that they dont change the amplifier or player or anything when they swap between the 2 on the sound board. And the head decks they use make a much crisper sound then what a stock holden head unit will too, from my experience. Sure the dynamat will keep the sound down outside the car, and keep the music inside, I'd just find it hard to justify $700 on it. But if thats what you want from your system, go for it! Get many quotes first too. i shopped around a few strathfield type stores, a few car audio places, and ended up with lifestyle audio.
my 2c

mavro

mavro
Reaction score
Website
www.mavromatis.nl
Members Ride
VX 5.7ss
why is it poor ? because you cant hear the bass from 2 streets away.
its in a ute, not a bus.
dynamat will stop surfaces from resonating and lowers road noise aswell true but $700 is still alot of cash and i dont think you will notice $700 worth in the ute.
and pioneer (TS-WX11A) has'nt developt and made this product for nothing....
but ha ! its not my ute ,its just what i think

Stoker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I like you style holdencommodorevp:yeah:. Ok back to the issue, My mate has a ute and he put in some nice competition speakers in with an amp and the standard Holden head unit no dynamat or subs and it sounds sweet very loud and crisp with good base also. like holdencommodrevp was saying cause its such a small space it works to your advantage. My advice would be stick with well known brand speakers and an amp that is suited to the RMS wattage of the speakers not the peak wattage.

sv6_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 60th Anniversary
I think from what everyone says, my best bet seems to be that i stick to a lower budget and ask for a more competitive price on dynamatting and hardware. It seems a few people suggest changing the head unit and installing a sub but again I'd like to keep the car visually looking as original as possible so i might leave the stock head in there and not go with a sub.

Weekends finally come so I'll go check out a few other audio shops, hopefully they can come through with a few good options. Thanks for you help guys i'll let you know what sort of progress I've made soon!