Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Ute Sound System Quote $2400

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
theres a bloke on ls1 who has changed his ve headunit, changed it into a pioneer touch screen dvd, its cut and chopped and re wired and a circuit card built so everything will still work fine, looks like a massive job but looks very unique and custom.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
theres a bloke on ls1 who has changed his ve headunit, changed it into a pioneer touch screen dvd, its cut and chopped and re wired and a circuit card built so everything will still work fine, looks like a massive job but looks very unique and custom.

way out of my budget I imagine though.

Sucks u live in sydney Mix 6000 :cry:

younglion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY SS Ute 5.7
needing a sub for my ss ute. With these pioneer subs with the amp built in are they any good?

All i have done is change the head unit, but i like to have decent bass in my music. If i change the fronts will that give me any more bass than the standard ones or just better quality?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Depending on what model speakers you go for and if you want to spend the extra money on getting the door service holes sealed up etc. If you are willing to spend $400-$500 on a very nice set of splits and an amp to run them im almost positive you'll get more bass output. Although adding a sub will help to reproduce the lower frequencies 6.5" woofers cant do easily (<60hz).

BTW and off topic, im never touching a ****ing VE ute again, long story short im out of pocket $500 for a new stereo unit. So yeah, if anybody wants to know the units cost $390 from Holden and need to be recoded in order for them to work ($100/hr labour, they reckon it takes 1 hour to do it FFS)...... end rant.

Jaycee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Complete conversion!
IMGP1844.jpg

IMGP1849.jpg

IMGP1852.jpg

IMGP1854.jpg

Only one I've seen so far!

JC

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea thats the onw off street commodores? smick as, alot of work involved..

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Depending on what model speakers you go for and if you want to spend the extra money on getting the door service holes sealed up etc. If you are willing to spend $400-$500 on a very nice set of splits and an amp to run them im almost positive you'll get more bass output. Although adding a sub will help to reproduce the lower frequencies 6.5" woofers cant do easily (<60hz).

BTW and off topic, im never touching a ****ing VE ute again, long story short im out of pocket $500 for a new stereo unit. So yeah, if anybody wants to know the units cost $390 from Holden and need to be recoded in order for them to work ($100/hr labour, they reckon it takes 1 hour to do it FFS)...... end rant.

ive done a few stereos before and when i tried my ve ute it was just bad lol, didnt **** it or blow it up but probly came close to it, lucky for me i knew how to reset it with the code and it all worked fine again lol and now i wont touch it ever again....