Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve v6 turbo conversion

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think there’s exactly zero threads on this site that stay on topic after the second page. That’s just the way it works around here!
Yep agree, my ute build thread morfed into various side topics including dental visits and waking up drowsy and a sore bottom after being in there for just 30 minutes.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
I think there’s exactly zero threads on this site that stay on topic after the second page. That’s just the way it works around here!
So true, every topic always has the tendency to diverge into another dimension :D

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I can only assume this is a 265 with hemispherical chambers? That was technology, well ahead of its time and as much as I love the 308 it was a bit of a cave dwelling plonk. The 4.1 Ford of the day could put them to shame power for cubes. My mates XF could easily nip the heels of my 308 black in the VK and it's first flogging was a VJ with a mild 265, followed by a Cortina with a 250 2 vee. AKA technology

You got it....Got one fitted to a Centura.....Nice little rocket ship

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
i think everyone is getting off topic, the discussion was V6 turbo application/conversion - how the hell did Valiant/Chrysler Hemi-6 get into this... :oops:

The good ol' Greek Mercedes built in S.A.

Think there will ever be an AMG version of the VE/VH/VJ or even better the AP5 or AP6??

Is the paddle-shift the refined technology of the push-button auto??? :cool:

Ain't a greek Merc pal.....My 265 is fitted to a frog box that was assembled in S.A.....:p

And Valiants were known as wogboxes....

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Ain't a greek Merc pal.....My 265 is fitted to a frog box that was assembled in S.A.....:p

And Valiants were known as wogboxes....
If it’s a Valiant, then it’s the Greek Mercedes

this point can never be argued, not even by an Italian :D

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If it’s a Valiant, then it’s the Greek Mercedes

this point can never be argued, not even by an Italian :D

If it's a Valiant it's a wogbox, or a Marrickville taxi.....Ain't no greek merc....

This comes from wogs, that I happen to know a fair few of

Oh and my 265 ain't in a Valiant...It's in a frogbox...you know what a frogbox is? Do you know why they were called that? Do you know what the name of the frogbox was in the country of origin?

Last edited:

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Oh and my 265 ain't in a Valiant...It's in a frogbox...you know what a frogbox is? Do you know why they were called that? Do you know what the name of the frogbox was in the country of origin?
I DO NOT know what a frogbox is...

plz enlighten obi-wan jedi master

Attachments

• 8e37603527c8c53a45f7f0b8207fc1f0.jpg
    8e37603527c8c53a45f7f0b8207fc1f0.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 69

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I DO NOT know what a frogbox is...

plz enlighten obi-wan jedi master

It was a Chrysler that weighed 1200kgs wet. Put a 265 in one and it's a non orbital Falcon 9. Cortina with a 250 was its Ford equivalent. Holden had nothing to compete with them back in the day

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Holy crap, that's not just tech, it's strapped to a go kart with doors. The Centura could haul but man they sucked at stopping

Sucked at stopping and didn't corner to well, but yup, scare the crap out of you if you weren't prepared

Years ago, a mate tried to line a TE Cortina with a crossflow up with me in my Centura for a 15K run....The Corty owner chickened out...