Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE vs VF Exhaust system?

Kinalyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevy SS
I have a Chevy SS(SSV Redline with the ls3) and im wondering if my old exhaust off of my G8(VE) would be a direct fit to the SS(VF)

I figured you guys would have more info than the guys in the US at this point.

Shawn

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yes it should fit straight up. I have VE GTS headers & cats on mine.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
I'm told the rear muffler hangers are slightly different, nothing a tweak on the brackets won't fix.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I believe the headers need to be different because it needs space to get around the electronic steering, at least that is for the LS2. I would imagine it is the same with the LS3.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Aftermarket headers are different, factory ones will interchange. The cat backs are the same.

Kinalyx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chevy SS
I am getting conflicting information from a few different sources.

AFAIK the Walkinshaw VF cars have the VE exhaust on them, you guys are saying they basically bolt right up, maybe with a slight hanger modification, and a company in america said they bolted their G8 system directly up to a SS with no issues at all. Im hearing from MAgnaflow as well as stainless works that they tried their G8 system on the SS and it didnt fit at all, and was a decent amount off. I have also spoken to the person that magnaflow used for their test car for the SS. He claims that the spread around the engine/tranny was off by a little, the hangers didnt quite match up, and the exhaust tips sat 8" low and wouldnt have worked at all.

Does anyone have a VE aftermarket system on their VF? If so, what, if any, modifications were needed to get it to fit correctly?

Shawn

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I am getting conflicting information from a few different sources.

AFAIK the Walkinshaw VF cars have the VE exhaust on them, you guys are saying they basically bolt right up, maybe with a slight hanger modification, and a company in america said they bolted their G8 system directly up to a SS with no issues at all. Im hearing from MAgnaflow as well as stainless works that they tried their G8 system on the SS and it didnt fit at all, and was a decent amount off. I have also spoken to the person that magnaflow used for their test car for the SS. He claims that the spread around the engine/tranny was off by a little, the hangers didnt quite match up, and the exhaust tips sat 8" low and wouldnt have worked at all.

Does anyone have a VE aftermarket system on their VF? If so, what, if any, modifications were needed to get it to fit correctly?

Shawn

Shawn,

Why don't you go to an exhaust shop and ask them if you're still confused.

They should be interchangeable from the cats back - I have an X-Force 2.5" cat back system on my VF Redline, and it's the same system from the VE.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Shawn,

Why don't you go to an exhaust shop and ask them if you're still confused.

They should be interchangeable from the cats back - I have an X-Force 2.5" cat back system on my VF Redline, and it's the same system from the VE.

I had an SSteel cat back X-Force 2.5 fitted to my VF Calais this morning. Bolted straight up and the X-Force cartons were all marked VE. Early days but sounds great.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The difference was the early utes, series 2 utes had a bracket change, there were also tip differences between sedans and Clubsports, but the bracketry was the same.

The aftermarket headers are different where they go around the steering on the VF, but stock for stock, the entire systems are interchangeable.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Would vf gts headers and cats fit ve ss? Is the cat converters on the VF better in emission standards to the VE? Reason I ask is im either putting on VE HSV or if the vf get those, for pits and emmisson test on cam/noise/ the VF cat , would be better maybe

Last edited: