Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE vs VF Exhaust system?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I have the manta system on my VF, and it is the same one they sell for VE.

Only difference is the tips finish slightly short on the VF versus VE.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Would vf gts headers and cats fit ve ss? Is the cat converters on the VF better in emission standards to the VE? Reason I ask is im either putting on VE HSV or if the vf get those, for pits and emmisson test on cam/noise/ the VF cat , would be better maybe

VF cats are apparently 600 cpi, it's still Euro 4 though, same as VE. Full Euro 5 compliance comes in 1st November this year. Yes, they will bolt on.

I have the manta system on my VF, and it is the same one they sell for VE.

Only difference is the tips finish slightly short on the VF versus VE.

Manta did modify the tips for the VF, they still make the same muffler for both but they have lengthened them a bit to suit the VF. They sit out a touch more than they used to on a VE and they sit out a bit further than the original VE ones do on the VF.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
VF cats are apparently 600 cpi, it's still Euro 4 though, same as VE. Full Euro 5 compliance comes in 1st November this year. Yes, they will bolt on.

Manta did modify the tips for the VF, they still make the same muffler for both but they have lengthened them a bit to suit the VF. They sit out a touch more than they used to on a VE and they sit out a bit further than the original VE ones do on the VF.

does that mean, even tighter emission testing on modified cars ie cam ect? is there a euro5 converter that exceeds the 4 cat, as going to try and get my SS over pits, with 232/34 cam, in WA, gas 5 test, it in theory is just a 30 min test but absolute pain when the car is cammed

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Testing will be done to comply to whichever standard is applicable for your model car. Yours will be Euro 4. The biggest difference between Euro 4 and 5 is particulate emissions, although Euro 5 will have a slightly lower % of oxides of Nitrogen.

Carter ward

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6 ute
The difference was the early utes, series 2 utes had a bracket change, there were also tip differences between sedans and Clubsports, but the bracketry was the same.

The aftermarket headers are different where they go around the steering on the VF, but stock for stock, the entire systems are interchangeable.[/Q

Hey mate, about these brakcets, I've bought the ve mufflers which has a different bracket to My vf, what could I do about thus and modify it?