Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Venetians legal for roadworthy?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
No reason it would be knocked on a roadworthy, as long as it's secured, no sharp edges and doesn't restrict the vision from the centre mirror then it wouldn't be a problem.
If people can legally put those signs in the rear window that fills the whole thing with little holes in them to see through and they're roadworthy.....

Doubt it'll restrict your vision as much as the crappy spoiler on the newer model commodore sedans that block the area that really matters when you have a car following you.......

WESTYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Commodore
No reason it would be knocked on a roadworthy, as long as it's secured, no sharp edges and doesn't restrict the vision from the centre mirror then it wouldn't be a problem.
If people can legally put those signs in the rear window that fills the whole thing with little holes in them to see through and they're roadworthy.....

Doubt it'll restrict your vision as much as the crappy spoiler on the newer model commodore sedans that block the area that really matters when you have a car following you.......

aussie bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Exec S2
If your so worried about it take them out after its done a roadworthy put them back in.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
If your so worried about it take them out after its done a roadworthy put them back in.

All good n well but this sort of thinking is the reason there is photo documentation on rwc these days, say you go and get a rwc with a stock engine, stocky rims with good tires with good brakes and once it's registered you drop a bb blown 454, worn tires on 20" rims (cause they look cool and are expensive to replace) and a set of 2nd hand slotted drilled rotors worn beyond spec, it's on you and no one else to pay the price..... Same as why the old rule of taking your unroadworthy spare out (if it's not there it can't fail) has changed, if the vehicle rolled out of the factory with a spare it must have one that is roadworthy to pass (If every mechanic followed the new rules to the crossed t and dotted i then I bet a lot more cars currently on the road wouldn't be)

If it's taken in for a rwc and passes then no need to take it off, if it fails then you know you shouldn't have it.

Last edited:

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Good on ya WESTYY for sticking to ya guns,dont see anything wrong with the ol, venetians in vehicles of that era!!! I remember when you could pick em up for like $5 at wreckers now they want $100-$200 if you can find them and the older the car the dearer they are.
Dont take offence to some of the replies you get :bomb:,because if you take it to heart and lash out,you will find folks wont help you,JC can save you a sh*t load of time and money:blah blah:
WAZZAV8 was only offering advice eg; (Venetians and OL Farts) go hand in hand,nothing to take offence-with, with that,I would of suggested the same thing,the guys doing the roadworthy would think he had it since new complete with venetians.:beer chug:

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I didn't see anybody complain about the venetians? I'm guessing Clair deleted the posts?

WESTYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Commodore
Good on ya WESTYY for sticking to ya guns,dont see anything wrong with the ol, venetians in vehicles of that era!!! I remember when you could pick em up for like $5 at wreckers now they want $100-$200 if you can find them and the older the car the dearer they are.
Dont take offence to some of the replies you get :bomb:,because if you take it to heart and lash out,you will find folks wont help you,JC can save you a sh*t load of time and money:blah blah:
WAZZAV8 was only offering advice eg; (Venetians and OL Farts) go hand in hand,nothing to take offence-with, with that,I would of suggested the same thing,the guys doing the roadworthy would think he had it since new complete with venetians.:beer chug:
Thankyou Conrad

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
They were an option for quite a few brands of cars in the 60s 70s and the VL commodore also had them in the spares catalogue . I don't think it would be any different than a rear louvre so I don't think it would be an issue. I also had an HQ , Statesman :beer chug: