Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Commodore "DOC" connector..

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
What voltages are people getting out of the pins 3 and 5, as my unit is not working and weird voltages on permanent power and aux power?

HighViz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS Redline
Hey guys, i have a massive issue with my sound system which is getting to the point that i'm either going rip the entire sytem out and throw it in the bin or burn the car to the ground......it is doing my head in that bad!
Ok my issue is, the previous owner had an amp, sub and replaced all the factory speakers with alpine splits and normal alpine speakers. Now ever since i brought it, the moment i turn my lights on or touch the brake, i get a humming noise through the speakers!
I replaced the crossover unit as one of the channel volume dials broke, so i brought a PAC LOC PRO, installed it...same noise!
I have since tried the 12v - on the body itself in numerous places, no change...moved the rcs leads away from the loom, no change!
The guys from autobarn are scratching their heads trying to figure this out......I even just today/tonight took all the boot apart, took all the wiring ad ons for the stereo and the crossover box out, and started again. I wired it up to a diagram i got off here and yep, you guessed it...NOTHING!

Please tell me someone hear knows exactly what the problem i'm having and how to fix it?

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
Hey guys, i have a massive issue with my sound system which is getting to the point that i'm either going rip the entire sytem out and throw it in the bin or burn the car to the ground......it is doing my head in that bad!
Ok my issue is, the previous owner had an amp, sub and replaced all the factory speakers with alpine splits and normal alpine speakers. Now ever since i brought it, the moment i turn my lights on or touch the brake, i get a humming noise through the speakers!
I replaced the crossover unit as one of the channel volume dials broke, so i brought a PAC LOC PRO, installed it...same noise!
I have since tried the 12v - on the body itself in numerous places, no change...moved the rcs leads away from the loom, no change!
The guys from autobarn are scratching their heads trying to figure this out......I even just today/tonight took all the boot apart, took all the wiring ad ons for the stereo and the crossover box out, and started again. I wired it up to a diagram i got off here and yep, you guessed it...NOTHING!

Please tell me someone hear knows exactly what the problem i'm having and how to fix it?

Are you running any LED lamps in your tail lights or headlights? I have a problem in another vehicle that has interference with aftermarket LED tail lights, only on radio stations when the lights are on or when braking, sometimes when the indicators flash. I'm going to try some ferrite filters on the harness to the tail lights.

HighViz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS Redline
Are you running any LED lamps in your tail lights or headlights? I have a problem in another vehicle that has interference with aftermarket LED tail lights, only on radio stations when the lights are on or when braking, sometimes when the indicators flash. I'm going to try some ferrite filters on the harness to the tail lights.
No, all my lights are standard. I also forgot to say that i get the alternator wind when the car is started as well!

Could it possibly be the position in which whoever originally installed the crossover wires, they are just behind the original amp plugs?

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
No, all my lights are standard. I also forgot to say that i get the alternator wind when the car is started as well!

Could it possibly be the position in which whoever originally installed the crossover wires, they are just behind the original amp plugs?

This is generally a good reason why I would stay away from modified cars, especially if they’re fiddling with the electronics and it wants you to burn the car to the ground. :oops:

Anyway, open up the lining on the right side of the boot (inside) to expose the amp and play with the connection to see if that eliminates the noise. There may a contact issue within the amp.

HighViz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS Redline
This is generally a good reason why I would stay away from modified cars, especially if they’re fiddling with the electronics and it wants you to burn the car to the ground. :oops:

Anyway, open up the lining on the right side of the boot (inside) to expose the amp and play with the connection to see if that eliminates the noise. There may a contact issue within the amp.
The standard amp is not in use anymore, it was replaced with a phoenix gold 5 channel and a 12 inch alpine type r sub!

I will not name the stereo shop that wired up all the speakers, amp, sub and crossover unit as they may not have known what would happen when the lights get turned on! They did run waaaaay to much speaker wire and the rca leads were about 3 times longer than needed but oh well!

What i have done is get the wiring diagram for the 3 plugs that go to the standard bose amp because they are what the crossover unit and speaker wires were spliced into!
I gutted the bose amp and soldered each wire from the crossover unit and speaker wire to it's perspective pin on the 3 plugs on the female side, so nothing was spliced in anymore, and the plugs get used like it's the standard amp!
Then i mounted the crossover unit in the bose amp, made a slot where the RCA leads and speaker wire had to come out
and then mounted it in it's original place!
Unfortunately it didn't eliminate the humming sound when the lights are on, but nothing else i tried did either! It has however
made the humming nowhere near as loud, and has eliminated the alternator wind!
It is now running 2 amps, and 1 12inch sub for now, until i can get another one the same or 2 different ones......but it thumps!

I am still trying to find out how to get rid of the humming so if anyone has a solution, please msg me.

Last edited:

Arash

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore sv5
Hi can anyone help. I was looking at doc connector in my sv6 but there is no power in it. Not in any pins.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Is it Switched or constant and have you checked the fuse?

Arash

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore sv5
Yes I checked all fuses driver side , boot and engine bay. All fuses okay. There is no power in any constant and ign.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Yes I checked all fuses driver side , boot and engine bay. All fuses okay. There is no power in any constant and ign.
May I ask how you're testing for power?
I am going off memory but one of the middle top row pin should be constant and the right (as you look at it) should be switched.
Bottom left is ground.