Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dewy1098

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Station Wagon
Thank you, for the location, I will check it out tomorrow for a loose connection.

Dewy1098

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore Station Wagon
I would like to thank everyone that took the time to read this post and especially those of you who replied with a question or statement towards resolving my problem.
The car was taken to an auto electrician who diagnosed a faulty circuit in the BCM (Body Control Module).
Many $$$$ later the car is now roadworthy again.
This site is a great resource, thanks!

V

VK2CZ

Maybe too late, but it's easy to 'partially' open one of the lighting circuit connectors causing your observed fault.. having completed over 100 hi end stereo installs in Commodores over the years, this happens. You should be seeing "Check tailight globe" faults on the dash in VE and VF models.. It's possible to open up the 'Body Computer light connectors (close to steering wheel), and apply 12v power to check wiring and globes independently.. but NEVER place power on the globes with the Body Computer connected.. You need the wiring diagram to do this..

-->>sorry, I didn't see your resolution.. in future just be careful probing, and disconnect the battery when doing wiring updates, crucial in these days with explosive air bags..