Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vf commodore front camera

cham360

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
hey everyone pretty new to the page , as I only recently got a vf , so iv just recently lowered the car and the front it pretty low and there are times it scrapes in certain areas just wondering if a front facing camera is a possibility and how I would go about getting one , just so I see anything whilst I'm parking or even just going slow, thx guys hope you help

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
only thing i could think of is mounting a dashcam somewhere in the grille or whatever and hook it into the aux port of the mylink - that said I believe only series 1 has aux input?

actually now that i think about it, i think the aux is audio only, nevermind.

scratch that i think it is video but does not allow video in motion, so you'd probably have to get the mylink modded.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
I am in the process of doing this, i ended up getting a camera and a mirror with inbuilt screen.
I plan to either have it come on with a switch or i will try to get it to come on when you press the parking sensor button but have it turn off when going into reverse with a couple relays.

Here are some pics and the parts i used.

20211124_124150.jpg
20211124_124200.jpg

https://frankiesautoelectrics.com.a...-3-rearview-mirror-monitor-with-auto-dimming/

https://frankiesautoelectrics.com.a...stration-plate-mount-camera-with-loop-system/

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

cham360

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
only thing i could think of is mounting a dashcam somewhere in the grille or whatever and hook it into the aux port of the mylink - that said I believe only series 1 has aux input?

actually now that i think about it, i think the aux is audio only, nevermind.

scratch that i think it is video but does not allow video in motion, so you'd probably have to get the mylink modded.
thanks for the idea mate , but I got a dash cam already which doesn't really have a screen on it

Last edited:

cham360

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
I am in the process of doing this, i ended up getting a camera and a mirror with inbuilt screen.
I plan to either have it come on with a switch or i will try to get it to come on when you press the parking sensor button but have it turn off when going into reverse with a couple relays.

Here are some pics and the parts i used.

View attachment 229944View attachment 229945

https://frankiesautoelectrics.com.a...-3-rearview-mirror-monitor-with-auto-dimming/

https://frankiesautoelectrics.com.a...stration-plate-mount-camera-with-loop-system/
this is exactly what I was looking at I just don't have an idea of how I can get it to trigger through the parking sensors, are you able to give me an idea of how you have done it

Last edited:

cham360

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
thanks for the idea mate , but I got a dash cam already which doesn't really have a screen on it

no the idea was that the mylink has a video input (aux). unsure how feasible it would be as an idea but it was the first thing that popped into my head.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
this is exactly what I was looking at I just don't have an idea of how I can get it to trigger through the parking sensors, are you able to give me an idea of how you have done it

I havnt got it wired yet, i need to pull the parking sensor button out to see what triggers the green light on the switch to see if i can use that to trigger a relay.

cham360

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
no the idea was that the mylink has a video input (aux). unsure how feasible it would be as an idea but it was the first thing that popped into my head.
oh ok I see, I'll do some more research, thx mate.