Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BradLaird_4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do not currently own
If you remove the spoiler from the Sv6 it will be the same as a Calais so I’m not sure what you mean by the weird swooping protrusion on the Calais V. It just doesn’t have a spoiler.
If the looks bug you a lot, you can get a Calais V and drill holes in the rear boot lid to add the Sv6 spoiler (or buy a whole rear boot lid from the wrecker as a full replacement and obtain new badges), then look at wreckers for a wrecked Series 1 bumpers and side skirts to fit (note no fog lights on Series 2 Sv6 / SS series which the Calais retained throughout).
I stand corrected. The normal boot lid just has this flare at the peak of it as standard. I thought it was a different style for the CalaisV.

I still like the idea of buying a CalaisV and just swapping the exterior cosmetics to suit a more SV6/sportier look, but everyone is either saying I'll ruin resell value, I don't need to change the look (but the look is pretty meh) or that to find SV6 counter parts and swap them to the CalaisV is too expensive which color matching etc.

I personally love the idea of buying a CalaisV and swapping the exterior cosmetics to looks much sportier, despite the cost because I have a long time to work on it and I enjoy a project, but the Calais still doesn't come in the Slipstream Blue color that is incredibly sexy on the SV6. The only real nice-looking alternative is Black.

BradLaird_4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do not currently own
Calais V is a nice car and I'd certainly buy one V6 or V8, but I'd fit the SS/SV6 bumpers and side skirts and if a V8, I'd likely Redline it. Having said that, I've seen one VF2 Calais V V8 in Prussian Steel with a lip spoiler on the boot, polished face HF-20 wheels, dark window tint and lowered a bit, and that particular Calais V I thought looked exceptionally good!
Yeah I've mentioned it just recently in a reply to tommy_z but I love the idea of owning a Calais and swapping the exterior cosmetics to look more sporty but most people so far have just **** on the idea.

The thought of having all the features of a CalaisV and the sporty look of the SV6 is mouthwatering :p but I'll still miss out on that hot Slipstream Blue color

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I still like the idea of buying a CalaisV and just swapping the exterior cosmetics to suit a more SV6/sportier look, but everyone is either saying I'll ruin resell value, I don't need to change the look (but the look is pretty meh) or that to find SV6 counter parts and swap them to the CalaisV is too expensive which color matching etc.
The resale bit isn't going to be relevant for a minimum of 20 years, if it's ever relevant at all - assuming it's done properly, paint colours match etc.
There is no need, this is true BUT that's your choice!

The cost is the main thing, your Calais will have cost you SS-V money by the time you get that stuff done. Hmm actually, was that the "resale" argument? 'Cos you won't get back the cost of doing that sort of stuff IMHO.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I stand corrected. The normal boot lid just has this flare at the peak of it as standard. I thought it was a different style for the CalaisV.

I personally love the idea of buying a CalaisV and swapping the exterior cosmetics to looks much sportier, despite the cost because I have a long time to work on it and I enjoy a project, but the Calais still doesn't come in the Slipstream Blue color that is incredibly sexy on the SV6. The only real nice-looking alternative is Black.
The MY16 and 17 Calais V both had Slipstream Blue as an option so you should be able to find second hand ones available.

If you’re worried about resale you just keep the parts you took off and put them back on when you sell.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I still like the idea of buying a CalaisV and just swapping the exterior cosmetics to suit a more SV6/sportier look, but everyone is either saying I'll ruin resell value,
Most people aren't experts on options and model variants and if you advertised a Calais V with an SV6 exterior as a fully optioned SV6, most would think it's mint and pay more for it. You could easily Redline a Calais V V8, and very few would question it. Redlines are much higher valued than a Calias V.

I replaced the Series II badge on my SV6 with an SSV "V" badge as the car generally looks like an SSV wagon. If I told a buyer it has the "V" option, no one would question it. Enthusiasts after collectables won't buy modified cars where resale value applies the most.

20230909_205842.jpg

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
If you don't find what you want, you can always pick up one of these.
A fantastic first car that will give you and others lots of thrills.
Also a terrific ‘Chick Magnet’.
Del boy to the rescue.