Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I'm not gonna post a photo of our SSVR in it's current filthy state, I suspect it'd put RevNev in hospital ... :(
Do share post wash photos and give @RevNev some competition. I saw an S1 SS/ SSV in Regal Peacock shade the other day. It was filthy, but that colour was still popping.

BradLaird_4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do not currently own
@BradLaird_4 I forgot to mention, what's your budget? Can you comfortably afford to buy and maintain a VF Commodore?
I'm looking at spending around $20k, and I have a stable job which should easily be able to foot the bill of any maintain or repairs

BradLaird_4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do not currently own
I went through the same question and debate a few years ago.

The vote swung in favour of the Calais V due to the following:
- Prussian Steel body color (love it to bits)
- 19" Calais V wheels (SSV style, but lighter grey on the wheel barrel)
- HUD
- Perforated, flat bottom steering wheel (with no blank switches, due to below items)
- Collission avoidance and lane keep assist
- auto tilting left side ORVM (when switching to reverse gear)
- Sunroof with auto close
- White accented interior trim
- Memory seats (front only, linked to individual keys)
- heated seats (front only)
- Puddle lamps on all 4 doors and 2 ORVMs
- Footwell and door accent lights (front only)
- Upgraded (albeit underwhelming) stereo
- No spoiler (later added a VF Director model lip spoiler)
- Foglamps

The SV6 ride was a bit too harsh on 19" wheels, most came with a stupid spoiler and it did not have most of the creature comforts I wanted.
I 100% agree, all these creatures' comforts are things that really catch my eye compared to the SV6, but I simply can't get used to the ugly ass front bumper :p. This side skirting, lower door trim and rear bumper are also small details that make me look at the car and think 'old man car'. No offense to old men and their precious car, of course :pPP

The spoiler on the SV6 looks a lot more tasteful than the weird swooping protrusion on the CalaisV. As far as it goes, The Calais doesn't compete in looks to the SV6 and the SV6 doesn't compete in interior/features to the CalaisV, and I'm too poor and too young to afford a SS or SSV

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
The spoiler on the SV6 looks a lot more tasteful than the weird swooping protrusion on the CalaisV. As far as it goes, The Calais doesn't compete in looks to the SV6 and the SV6 doesn't compete in interior/features to the CalaisV, and I'm too poor and too young to afford a SS or SSV
If you remove the spoiler from the Sv6 it will be the same as a Calais so I’m not sure what you mean by the weird swooping protrusion on the Calais V. It just doesn’t have a spoiler.
If the looks bug you a lot, you can get a Calais V and drill holes in the rear boot lid to add the Sv6 spoiler (or buy a whole rear boot lid from the wrecker as a full replacement and obtain new badges), then look at wreckers for a wrecked Series 1 bumpers and side skirts to fit (note no fog lights on Series 2 Sv6 / SS series which the Calais retained throughout).

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The spoiler on the SV6 looks a lot more tasteful than the weird swooping protrusion on the CalaisV. As far as it goes, The Calais doesn't compete in looks to the SV6 and the SV6 doesn't compete in interior/features to the CalaisV,
Calais V is a nice car and I'd certainly buy one V6 or V8, but I'd fit the SS/SV6 bumpers and side skirts and if a V8, I'd likely Redline it. Having said that, I've seen one VF2 Calais V V8 in Prussian Steel with a lip spoiler on the boot, polished face HF-20 wheels, dark window tint and lowered a bit, and that particular Calais V I thought looked exceptionally good!