Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF commodore motorsport edition

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Also all V8 VF's (even the calais) were FE3 from memory which means that you'd probably need to go aftermarket springs

Calais, even v8, are fe1.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
Generally the FE3 and magnetic shocks are paired to work together, unsure how well stock height Evoke etc springs would work on it.

Also all V8 VF's (even the calais) were FE3 from memory which means that you'd probably need to go aftermarket springs if you want to go higher as the only heigher Holden springs would likely be Evoke, and those spring rates would be setup to suit the weight of the V6 not the V8. You might be able to use VE springs considering the weights are similar but I still don't think that will lift it up a noticable amount to get you out of trouble.

I have the same problem wiht the FE2 in my SV6 VE, the front bumper hangs so low it scrapes everywhere.....however I would rather it scrape than look like a 4x4 so I just take speed humps, carparks etc at a crawling pace.
yea~ i properly need to have the after market springs tho, thanks for the advice mate

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
I've never scrapped my Motorsport which sits at it's factory ride height.

As is, all the markettting material which Holden put out for the limited edition models, none of it indicated a lower road stance than the SSV Redline edition. Their blurb defined what upgrades were provided (as listed below:

Motorsport Edition – Limited to 1200 vehicles
Celebrating Commodore’s on-track success over the years, including over 460 Australian Touring Car Championship and V8 Supercars victories, Motorsport Edition comes with a range of styling enhancements. Red DRL surrounds, red mirror scalps* and unique red lined 20-inch forged alloy wheels complement unique Motorsport Edition decals supporting the special content under the skin.​
Key Features:​
  • Driver mode control featuring Magnetic Ride ControlTM. suspension, developed specifically for the Motorsport vehicles, offers three distinct settings: Tour, Sport and Performance
  • High rate rear sub-frame bush for improved confidence under maximum lateral and braking events
  • Cross-drilled brake rotors, front and rear – with charcoal Brembo calipers
  • Engine and transmission cooling packages
  • New performance front seats (heated)
  • Embroidered instrument panel
  • 20” Split forged alloy wheels/high performance tyres
  • Unique Motorsport Edition badging and decals
  • Unique lip spoiler (optional wing)
  • Phantom black roof
  • Individual vehicle numbering and unique build option code (KOM)
  • Commemorative presentation case
  • 1:18 Motorsport Edition Biante model

So suspension wise the motorsport edition upgrades were limited to magride shocks and stiffer rear subframe bushes but no documented change that impact ride height were made. And the below blurb was how they defined MRC.

The new MRC tune, developed exclusively for the Motorsport and Director vehicles, offers three distinct settings (Tour, Sport and Performance) that each provide unique performance capabilities. By developing a tune in house Holden has not only been able to replicate the acclaimed ride and handling balance of our FE2/FE3 tunes but also, by virtue of the broad range of MRC damper adjustability, extend the vehicles capability beyond that of our passive damper vehicles. The result is distinctly a performance Commodore, but with more ride comfort and superior handling to any that have come before.
The magride allowed twirling a knocb toallow variable behaviour from FE2 to FE3 . The mortosport and being the "upgrades" from the redline so what are the front and rear hights like?

Not sure what you mean but if you've been scrapping you or the previous owner must have lowered the car post purchase :rolleyes:
I suspect the previous owner lowered the car tho, is your springs colour yellow???

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I suspect the previous owner lowered the car tho, is your springs colour yellow???

Yellow are probably aftermarket king springs. Oem springs are black

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
aaaah yellow is King Springs (aka aftermarket).

OEM springs are black, just find a set of standard FE3 springs and your set.

I was confused by the first post, I thought you were saying your stock FE3 was too low.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Changing springs will help but not necessarily fix the problem entirely. Our SSVR is standard (we've owned it since new), need to be careful in & out of our driveway, careful on speed-bumps both on the road & in car-parks, and also super careful where there are those stops at the front of car-parks (plenty of those are intended to only stop the car when the wheel reaches them but driving in forwards the bumper often graunches on them).

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
Yellow are probably aftermarket king springs. Oem springs are black
yeah~ that's what though, properly it has been replace with the spring, i might have to look for a spring that give me factory ride high, otherwise my car looks like suv

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
aaaah yellow is King Springs (aka aftermarket).

OEM springs are black, just find a set of standard FE3 springs and your set.

I was confused by the first post, I thought you were saying your stock FE3 was too low.
factory FE3 springs set, noticed thanks mate.