Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF commodore series 2 LS3 exhaust

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
I've got a VF commodore series 2 with LS3, is that possible to delete the factory resonator and replace with H pipe instead?? wanna keep the factory exhaust tip and the Bi-model

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
yes, just go see an exhaust shop, probably a couple of hundred dollardoos
or find the hsv midpipe

RTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Commodore 6.2L
Just gonna bump this, thinking of doing the same on my VF SS, been told it’s a decent upgrade if wanting to keep other parts of system stock.

I was recommended to put a new system instead. But will a H Pipe / resonator removal make any performance gains? Or difference to the sound.

Appreciate any info.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
Just gonna bump this, thinking of doing the same on my VF SS, been told it’s a decent upgrade if wanting to keep other parts of system stock.

I was recommended to put a new system instead. But will a H Pipe / resonator removal make any performance gains? Or difference to the sound.

Appreciate any info.
i went to the exhaust shop today, they said if i just replace the resonator with H pipe, it might not sounds good, and my factory exhaust is 2.25' pipe, they suggested a new 3' cat-back system to me as well.
properly won't be too much different in performance gain tho, but i prefer the sound of H pipe rather than X pipe which most of the exhaust system has

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
they suggested a new 3' cat-back system to me as well.
The cat pipes are 2.25" and they're recommending a 3" on that for what purpose? 2.5" flows more than the cat pipes and would be a more appropriately sized cat back exhaust.

RTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Commodore 6.2L
Mines a 2016, I’ve been reading through some threads and I seen somewhere 2016+ have a H pipe stock, I tried to look under the car and couldent see it though.

Looking to retain the rear mufflers / stock tips etc, I’m happy with the sound just wanting to add to it a bit, better flow etc and maybe gain a few extra KW when it comes to my OTR & tune.

Im thinking high flow cats, headers and the resonator removal with the H pipe in place ( if I don’t already have one? )

RTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Commodore 6.2L
i went to the exhaust shop today, they said if i just replace the resonator with H pipe, it might not sounds good, and my factory exhaust is 2.25' pipe, they suggested a new 3' cat-back system to me as well.
properly won't be too much different in performance gain tho, but i prefer the sound of H pipe rather than X pipe which most of the exhaust system has
You have X pipes on your stock exhaust?what year commodore?

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
The cat pipes are 2.25" and they're recommending a 3" on that for what purpose? 2.5" flows more than the cat pipes and would be a more appropriately sized cat back exhaust.
he suggested a full x-force 3" tho, but i wanna keep the bi-model and I'm not sure the sound of X-force would be my favour, cox its X pipe, I still looking for a H pipe cat-back, any idea??