Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Door Speaker Install with pics

hlucin8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Snicko1 look at the user names ;-)

I do car audio for a living. The box was a walkinshaw option. Made by Rockford fosgate.

They are Focal Utopia splits. $1700 speakers. I'd never put alpine s or r in my car. And I'm an alpine dealer.

h1tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
Snicko1 look at the user names ;-)

I do car audio for a living. The box was a walkinshaw option. Made by Rockford fosgate.

They are Focal Utopia splits. $1700 speakers. I'd never put alpine s or r in my car. And I'm an alpine dealer.

The Alpine S are pretty good for a cheaper system (under $250 for all 4 + splits), so much better then the paper oem crap, and better sound then sony, pioneer etc. The only comparable thing in that price range is limited polk or kicker speakers unless you know of anything better? I'm still happy with the difference anyways.

obviously Focal is great if you have a budget of 2-5K for the system. and I love your work with the dynomat, wish I bought double or triple the amount. should have covered the inner door skin like you did

Snicko1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Wagon
I covered my doors in my companys version of Dynamat, Lucky it was free its quite expensive

Im happy with the upgrade over the paper speakers, lot better clarity particulary at higher volumes. Im looking at an alpine pdr 75 amp 4 ch and mono for a power upgrade.

I have heard people are running into issues with Bluetooth calling thru the center speaker and loud inidcator noises thru all speakers. Any way to get around this?

h1tek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
I wouldn't say too much high end, but the Bass is really lacking for my standards. my last car had 2 10" subs, and the one prior a nice 12" setup, so a system without subs will never satisfy me completely.

I also have a BMW 3 series, that has the standard system which includes passive subs under the front seats, and that system has decent bass. I have considered doing the same with the commodore, but a nice amp and 12" sub in the back, would still sound a lot better.... however reducing the wagons boot space is not an option right now.

If you have some spare cash for subs, I would definitely go for it.

ndwalters

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I wouldn't say too much high end, but the Bass is really lacking for my standards. my last car had 2 10" subs, and the one prior a nice 12" setup, so a system without subs will never satisfy me completely.

I also have a BMW 3 series, that has the standard system which includes passive subs under the front seats, and that system has decent bass. I have considered doing the same with the commodore, but a nice amp and 12" sub in the back, would still sound a lot better.... however reducing the wagons boot space is not an option right now.

If you have some spare cash for subs, I would definitely go for it.

Ive actually got 2 x 10" Rockford Subs and a Rockford mono block in my garage (from the last car). Im just not sure its worth the hassle to add an amp to the SV6 system. Ideally Id want to put 2 x 8" subs in the parcel shelf.