Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF driver seat base CLICKING

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
hi guys the search bar was playing up so couldnt find a thread on this. does anyone have the tech line or bulletin reference for the seat base click? This is my 3rd s2 VF and the only one to have the problem. went to deal they told me they couldn't replicate the noise/feeling but they managed to fix it for 4 days.... funny that. it's clicking again. cheers

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
i dont know the line item number, but the fix requires a new base to be fitted

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
i don't know the line item number, but the fix requires a new base to be fitted
Not always. There are two fixes before they replace seat base.

Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I had this issue a couple of years back with my previous VFII Calais V. I posted the techline bulletin number (after having the issue fixed) in a thread relating to the issue, but as you say - the search function is offline. I've tried a search back through my own posts but this isn't working either. Once it's backup i'll post the details for you.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Google search almost always works better than the forum search. So one could try "seat clicking tech bulletin justcommodores" as a Google search term. The first hit was the above mentioned thread and post 25 has the goods.

PS: No luck in finding the actual Holden tech bulletin itself. Recently, via Google search, I would be able to reasonably easily find Holden bulletins. They'd either be found gratis on the GM site or on NHTSA site (but not down under). Seems some time over the last 6 or so months, such info was has been pulled so I can't even find the old ones that were freely available.

Holden simply has no decency by not making such bulletins freely available to all and even worse by actively removing it when such info is available.

Last edited:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
PS: No luck in finding the actual Holden tech bulletin itself. Recently, via Google search, I would be able to reasonably easily find Holden bulletins. They'd either be found gratis on the GM site or on NHTSA site (but not down under). Seems some time over the last 6 or so months, such info was has been pulled so I can't even find the old ones that were freely available.

Holden simply has no decency by not making such bulletins freely available to all and even worse by actively removing it when such info is available.

I had a similar experience trying to find a technical bulletin for the air conditioner drain rework. I had previously read the bulletin via a link provided on this forum one time ago, but when I tried to find it again, I couldn’t. I did find a website that previously had it, but they had pulled it after receiving a letter for a legal firm representing GM. It seems that GM is cracking down on service information becoming public.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
can you please expand mate? thanks

There is a plastic piece that sits under the seat base (I had this done on my series 1) and recently they said they added a bush (plastic shim) to my redline as I noticed seat was lose.

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
recently had the plastic shim put into mine and it stopped it.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I have noticed this in mine, had the seat base replaced about 2 years ago but my 3 year warranty has expired. Do you think they will cover due to the service bulletin?