Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf drl's and fog lamps

Jase143

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
hi everyone,i just upgraded my holden vf evoke ute front bumper to a holden vf sv6 and it has drl lights and fog light any idea how i can make them work on my vf evoke?or its not possible TIA

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
did you try the wreckers for a wiring loom, switch for the fogs and the drl don t they turn off when the lights are on, just on off switch probaly do, they could be control by the bcm in the models fitted with them

Jase143

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
Well the bumper is complete with drl and fog lights and the wiring loom,its just do i need to install an extra switch somewhere to turn them on and off?and yes you right drl turns off when headlights are on,

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
be easy if there was a plug behind the dash near the light switch but base models normaly don t have it, need dash loom/plug if you decide using the factory switch or after market on/off switch to a relay than to fog lights

Jase143

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
Thanks,to me sounds complicated but i m seeing an auto electrician on monday lets hope he can make it work,or i wasted $$$$ for no reason:(

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
If there is no socket and loom in the car to accept the plug that is on the loom of the SV6 bumper, (it would be on the drivers side, beside the radiator/below the headlight area) you could always have your auto elect hook them up with a DRL dimmer module.
You won't need to worry about a switch or getting wires back to the dash this way and they will work the same as factory, turning on and off with the engine, but having a cool feature of dimming when the headlights are on.

Have a look at the thread drl-dimmed-with-headlights-on-how-to-guide.
Sorry, just realised you mentioned it has fog lights too, not sure how that will go...

Last edited:

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Thanks,to me sounds complicated but i m seeing an auto electrician on monday lets hope he can make it work,or i wasted $$$$ for no reason:(

Auto Electrician will be able to make it work, I'm thinking base model wouldn't have wiring for fogs etc. so a fair chance wiring and switch needs to be added. If you have fog lights fitted, I'm pretty sure you need to have them working for rego inspections. That's if any inspection station actually bothers to check something like that (they probably don't check that stuff anyway), and no rego inspection required until the car is 5 years old as well.