Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Evoke wagon 2017 110,000 klm for 17 K. Mad or not ?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
It sounds like a reasonably good buy to me. If you have been happy with the VF and the Evoke, why not jump at the opportunity to get a fresher, low-mileage one? They won’t be around forever.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Try get it for 16 grand. That would make it a lot more attractive. For 17k you might as well go for an SV6 with a proper engine in it.
I drive an Evoke too so I know what they're like. They kind of go ok in a slow and steady kind of way. An SV6 would just be a better drive all round though. A lot more effortless.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Try get it for 16 grand. That would make it a lot more attractive. For 17k you might as well go for an SV6 with a proper engine in it.
Hey that’s an interesting perspective … in the same condition & with the same wear/tear, I’d have put more than $1k on the value of an Evoke vs. an SV6 in 2017.

I’d want the Evoke to save me more $$$ than that; in this case I assumed there weren’t SV6’s around in the same condition for within $1k of the asking price.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Let me ask this question. The vast majority of issues I notice on this forum is with the SV6 VF and other models of the VF.

The Evoke hardly gets a mention, would it be a fair assumption to draw a conclusion that most members don't give a toss regards the Evoke and Evoke owners don't bother ?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Let me ask this question. The vast majority of issues I notice on this forum is with the SV6 VF and other models of the VF.

The Evoke hardly gets a mention, would it be a fair assumption to draw a conclusion that most members don't give a toss regards the Evoke and Evoke owners don't bother ?

I'd suggest very few members own an Evoke.

I only know of you and greenacc.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
That's interesting. Never realised that . Cheers. I'm here for the great info, Evoke or not I learn heaps from this forum.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Holden themselves even blatantly pushed the Evoke as the fleet choice.

With VF, they took the VF more towards the aspirational purchase and less "everyman" car, hence the most popular model being V6 SV6 then Calais, then onto the Halo SS models.

Not to say Evoke was bad! When they where designing VF, supposedly the head of GM design was visiting and was extremely impressed when he seen the full size clay and asked to see the fleet model, to which they responded that he was looking at the fleet model.

I think a good find is an Evoke international for an everyday car, given you then get a Calais interior and front DRL's which make it look much better . But generally, people who go an Evoke probably are not the type to be purchasing here. As a buyers market, I just couldn't justify the small price different between an Evoke/SV6, given you get a big jump in kit and interior

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
There are 2 sorts of car people,

there are the petrol heads who enjoy big nasty arse cars and there are dudes like me who see no value in them at all and am simply not interested.

Hence it's the boring old Evoke for me. Just being honest here.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I miss my old evoke, had to sell when family >5. Personally I'd never buy an SV6, I just dont understand them.
Evoke or V8 (used to have both, now just v8)

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Either way, the VF is a hell of a car. Proved that when I towed that van 30 K. Simply superb comfort and performance level.