Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf hsv

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Just seen the second video of the white hsv gts vf !!! I'm in love !!!! :love::love::love::yeah::yeah:

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc

Ha ha I know first gens are all Opel rekords, even the vk's are just slightly altered..
Probably a bad example but you can see the point I was driving..

It's just disappointing when you look at a new commodore and see a cruze rear end on what looks like a bloated jag/Porsche nose.
Don't get me wrong I'm sure it will grow on people like me who think its lost its Aussie muscle car inspired looks but the did so much rite with the e1s and have just lost the plot style wise for my tastes.

I would have loved to see them do a throwback in styling lines like some of the yanks have done of late..

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ha ha I know first gens are all Opel rekords, even the vk's are just slightly altered..
Probably a bad example but you can see the point I was driving..

It's just disappointing when you look at a new commodore and see a cruze rear end on what looks like a bloated jag/Porsche nose.
Don't get me wrong I'm sure it will grow on people like me who think its lost its Aussie muscle car inspired looks but the did so much rite with the e1s and have just lost the plot style wise for my tastes.

I would have loved to see them do a throwback in styling lines like some of the yanks have done of late..

Pm me.

Thing is, with all the cars every made, with all cars now flooding aussie land and with all cars going into wind tunnels and styling based on many factors, any car is gonna look similar to another in some way these days.

UNfortunately, this car has to sell and has to compete on the global market, not the old reminiscence of a old muscle car years in australia only. Thats gone.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Thing is, with all the cars every made, with all cars now flooding aussie land and with all cars going into wind tunnels and styling based on many factors, any car is gonna look similar to another in some way these days.

UNfortunately, this car has to sell and has to compete on the global market, not the old reminiscence of a old muscle car years in australia only. Thats gone.

I agree your right, doesn't mean I like that reality though..

That being said the new power plants are appealing:D

Pm me.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hey i dont like it either.

Funily enough the new subaru wrx looks liek the commodore/audi at the front combined with a bit of Kia and the rear a bit of camry/aurion/commodore with euro styling.
The germans seem to have the same sorta styling.

Larger headlights and rear lights, less metal = less money to make

Oh well

badegg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
Im not a fan of the gts front, the square bit above the plate just doesn't look right...
Also don't like the Lamborghini ripoff skirts on maloo,
Everything else looks fantastic!
(Rear on pic of the gts turns me on the most)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Just had a look at the video, and spec sheets. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!! 390mm front discs, 6 piston calipers. I know how well my VE GTS stops, this thing would pop your eyeballs.
Lets be honest, what can you buy with that much grunt, and stopping power etc for under $100 big ones?? The looks will grow on you in time, as most other new models do.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Cancer also grows on you if you give it time:)

Pm me.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
gotta be honest, i really didn't like the rear end in the photos, but once i saw it in the video posted above i actually thought it looked really nice and really aggressive. Love it!!!! can't wait to see some real videos of it driving. All the haters are gone be put in their place...