Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF JW Speaker LED Headlights

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Berlina, MY17 VF II SSV Redline
Hey guys,

I'm interested in purchasing a H7 JW Speaker LED Kit for my VF II Redline. Just wondering if anyone currently has these installed and if they are satisfied with them?

Some people have complained that LED lights don't provide the same distance as halogens (Non VF), I'm wondering if this is also the case with the VF projectors? Any input would be appreciated!

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
I have these in my redline and gts, in terms of beam spread these are alot better than normal halogens. They are quite bright but dont have the same intensity as HID's, ive been running this brand for about a year now and love them and wouldnt even consider HID's anymore.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Whatever you choose, ensure that any modification complies with ALL Australian Design Rules (ADRs). Compliance is mandatory and will give other motorists a better chance to avoid excessive glare from your oncoming headlights.

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have these in my redline and gts, in terms of beam spread these are alot better than normal halogens. They are quite bright but dont have the same intensity as HID's, ive been running this brand for about a year now and love them and wouldnt even consider HID's anymore.

That's great to hear! Do they perform good in the rain too? And have you been "flashed" by many people because of the brightness?

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
Whatever you choose, ensure that any modification complies with ALL Australian Design Rules (ADRs). Compliance is mandatory and will give other motorists a better chance to avoid excessive glare from your oncoming headlights.

From one of the blurbs it states:

Standards: IP65, Not approved for ADR, ECE or DOT

How does that work then?

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
A lot of sellers of these sorts of products get around it by saying they are for off road or track use only.

IP65 is the water & dust ingress rating only.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Basically:
These are not legal, and by using them on public roads shows your disregard for other road users.

They make it VERY clear that these are not ADR or DOT approved and that they're for off-road use only.

Same goes for those who put HID's in their low beams.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
That's great to hear! Do they perform good in the rain too? And have you been "flashed" by many people because of the brightness?
No issues in the rain, and nope have not been flashed by other people...as long as the headlights are aligned properly you should not have this issue.

JivRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
No issues in the rain, and nope have not been flashed by other people...as long as the headlights are aligned properly you should not have this issue.

Hey mate! I just had a quick question, do you have the electronic Canbus adaptor installed or the Canbus resistors? I've had the lights installed with Canbus resistors for about a month now and occasionally the lights flicker and turn off and get an error code "check Right/Left dipped beams". This doesn't happen often, but I'm just trying to figure out what is causing this.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hey mate! I just had a quick question, do you have the electronic Canbus adaptor installed or the Canbus resistors? I've had the lights installed with Canbus resistors for about a month now and occasionally the lights flicker and turn off and get an error code "check Right/Left dipped beams". This doesn't happen often, but I'm just trying to figure out what is causing this.
Probably the illegal aftermarket led's you've fitted. Putting decent globes in should fix the problem.