Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
"I'm in the market for an VF 2 SSV Redline sedan. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience on the ride quality and tyre noise of the 19" wheels vs the 20" wheels?"

The ride is fantastic on the 19", and very little road noise. It's so good that I'm leaving it all alone, considering the VF1 SV6 I traded in sat on 20" Senator rims with 30 profile tyres, and King SSL springs sounded horrid and rode very harsh.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Shopping for a VFII Redline after previously owning a VYII SS and VE SS, both in Red Hot. Was going to take the easy option and get the VFII in Red Hot as well, until I saw a demo in Jungle Green with the black roof. I love it, and I am sorely tempted, but this is a car I intend to keep forever and I'm wondering if I will regret the colour choice in 5-10 years time. Thoughts?
You can't really ask others about your personal taste!
Jungle Green looks poxy & 70's to me ... 40 years out of date or 50 years out of date makes no difference.
:D
If you like it, and there's no other colour you prefer; just get it!

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Shopping for a VFII Redline after previously owning a VYII SS and VE SS, both in Red Hot. Was going to take the easy option and get the VFII in Red Hot as well, until I saw a demo in Jungle Green with the black roof. I love it, and I am sorely tempted, but this is a car I intend to keep forever and I'm wondering if I will regret the colour choice in 5-10 years time. Thoughts?

Reminds me of hothouse which I was never a fan of. But if you like it go for it

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

No mate your a RED guy, why buy a green car if you're already wondering if you'll like it in a year or 3? Get the red you will not regret it. I had a redhot VX for 15 years, now I've got a red redline, no regrets.

Calais VX 5.7

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais VX
No mate your a RED guy, why buy a green car if you're already wondering if you'll like it in a year or 3? Get the red you will not regret it. I had a redhot VX for 15 years, now I've got a red redline, no regrets.
I got my Redline in red hot (first red car i ever had)....with black roof LOVING IT

jas555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1991
Hi I'm thinking of buying a new Holden VF sv6 in a couple of months. I want to know how much maintenance does the car come with?

I am still driving my first car it is a VP commodore 91 model. I have had it for 15 years. to service the car it only costs about $120 for an oil change oil filter and air filter. why does Holden charge over $400 for a service want do they do?

just want to know how much maintenance and service costs are for the VF compare to my VP? thanks and appreciate the help.

Last edited:

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
There is more to proper servicing than an oil change and replacing the oil and air filters....

jas555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1991
There is more to proper servicing than an oil change and replacing the oil and air filters....

I know that i service my own car i just listed the 3 main thing you should change at a service. I know some times it can cost more when you have to change the spark plugs and stuff. I like to use the best parts and oil on my car. I think that's why my car has lasted me 15 years.

last time i went to Holden they wanted $500 for basic service. the VF looks a lot harder to work on then my VP. so i will not be servicing the VF myself. the first thing i will be doing to the new car is getting Opti-Coat Paint Protection on it.

just wanted to know how much the service costs are on the new VF?

thanks

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Hi I'm thinking of buying a new Holden VF sv6 in a couple of months. I want to know how much maintenance does the car come with?

I am still driving my first car it is a VP commodore 91 model. I have had it for 15 years. to service the car it only costs about $120 for an oil change oil filter and air filter. why does Holden charge over $400 for a service want do they do?

just want to know how much maintenance and service costs are for the VF compare to my VP? thanks and appreciate the help.

It's capped price servicing mate. I normally pay $185 for a service. So I don't know where you are getting $400 from.

It's every 9 months or 15K whichever comes first . So pretty good. I do mine sooner than this but this is personal preference.

jas555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1991
It's capped price servicing mate. I normally pay $185 for a service. So I don't know where you are getting $400 from.

thanks last time i went to Holden they wanted over $400 to service it maybe things have change now.