Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Had the Mace controller on the Magnum for nearly a week...
I will admit that its capable of making the ute feel like its been tuned, and I haven't tried it beyond level 6 yet!:cool:
If you're considering a proper tune, don't waste your money, if not, its a great little add on. The iDrive unit does look better, but if you mount it down low and don't actually look at it, save $50 and buy the Mace unit. I found the instructions were a bit generic, but it gets you through mounting and calibration easy enough. I had read the hardest part of installation was disconnecting the factory plug on top of the pedal, used my thumbnail to unlock the orange lock bar and the plug just fell off.
I am impressed with the unit, and the highest praise I can give it, is just to state I have ordered another one for the VE Redline.

Thanks for the update, is your magnum manual or auto?

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Wooowoowowowow!!!! Sooo where was my l77 made? I'm assuming it was designed in mercia and made in Straya?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Wooowoowowowow!!!! Sooo where was my l77 made? I'm assuming it was designed in mercia and made in Straya?
Fairly sure they were made in Mexico, I think the Holden engine plant was only making the V6's.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Can I stick a Mexican badge on there?
BADGEC183.jpg

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I will admit that its capable of making the ute feel like its been tuned, and I haven't tried it beyond level 6 yet!:cool:
If you're considering a proper tune, don't waste your money, if not, its a great little add on. The iDrive unit does look better, but if you mount it down low and don't actually look at it, save $50 and buy the Mace unit. I found the instructions were a bit generic, but it gets you through mounting and calibration easy enough. I had read the hardest part of installation was disconnecting the factory plug on top of the pedal, used my thumbnail to unlock the orange lock bar and the plug just fell off.
I am impressed with the unit, and the highest praise I can give it, is just to state I have ordered another one for the VE Redline.

Thanks for the feedback.
Out of interest, you say if you're going for a tune, don't bother with this. Any reason you've not gone for a tune on the Magnum instead of a throttle controller? Looking around seems to be $1400-1800 for OTR plus tune. So call it ~800 for the tune vs $175 for this. Purely a financial decision?

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V

Just spent the better part of an hour fixing the Hikeit controller to my 2016 VF Calais V. I’m 6ft tall, 78kg and fairly flexible - but trying to get to the throttle plug had me bending and twisting in ways I never imagined I would. By the time I fixed the patch harness, I was sweating like a pig. Had a brain freeze and switched on the car (to get the AC going) just before plugging the controller in. The engine started shuddering and there was a limp mode warning on the MID. Switched everything off and left the car as is for about 10 minutes.

Went back and the engine was still shuddering like crazy. Fired up the OBD scan app and cleared the error codes - had 7 of them. Everything was back to normal or so I thought. Shifted into drive and dialled in the usual accelerator input, only to have the car lurch forward violently. Stopped immediately and checked the controller. It seems the default mode is Race (H) Level 8 :eek:

Switched to Sport mode Level 4 and went for a 15 min drive. Even this mode was waaay more aggressive than the usual spongy/ laggy response. I never believed that a plug-n-play device could bring in such a transformation. Boy was I wrong!!

The fitting process was a bit more difficult than they made it sound - thanks to some ‘nifty packaging’ by Holden. But the effort was well worth it and this surely feels like the best $200 spent on any of my cars. Highly recommended!!

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Yeah I would say that for some reason someone has swapped out the original wheel...below is a better pic of what the original should be..
Note also the collision alert button to the left of the cruise control on the very left of the wheel...as annoying as that alert can be (but at least it can be easily turned off with this button) it will be blanked out on lesser than CalaisV & SSV models.

Mine is similar in shape. But no perforations on it and the leather is not soft/ supple. Check out the photo I took today.

4931A382-240D-4F47-BBB5-7C1E9470B834.jpeg