Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
I had the 15,000km service on my 9 month old 2016 VF Calais Sportwagon done afew weeks ago. I mentioned that the USB rarely seems to play the same album that i stopped it on and they said they would check the mylink for updates.

They did an update to the latest software. BIG mistake!!!!! Now it has the same problems as the OP.

Mine does the SAME thing!!!
its so annoying, sometimes it just changes the folder, but it always seems to split between the two
so say if i have 10 folders of music
and im listening to folder 2, i then drive along , stop, get out of the car, get back in the car, start it up and it will play folder 4. I then start, stop get back in, and it will go back to folder 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Navigating the folder menus on MP3s is terrible. my 2011 Golf had less buttons and features, but the sound quality was far better and ease of use too

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
So beware, do not let them do the latest update unless you want it to no longer remember anything. Seems to reset to factory defaults once off and locked up.

What resets for you? I find that if you don't change anything it still seems to work ok, except it puts driver alerts back on for everything and the homescreen resets, but haven't had it long enough yet to check the USB music playback issue or any other problems. Before, like you, mine would start in one of 2 spots... a bit strange but you got used to it.

davidy61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series II Calais V Sportswagon
If you just turn the ignition off and then on, nothing changes. If you actually get out of the car and lock it, when you return it has changed back to factory defaults.

What changes? If you leave it alone from the unasked for "reset" it stays that way. If you change the home screen icons they go back to the default, the warnings for schools and railway crossing come back on. They are the main thing i noticed. Same as you i think.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
If you just turn the ignition off and then on, nothing changes. If you actually get out of the car and lock it, when you return it has changed back to factory defaults.

What changes? If you leave it alone from the unasked for "reset" it stays that way. If you change the home screen icons they go back to the default, the warnings for schools and railway crossing come back on. They are the main thing i noticed. Same as you i think.

Yep, sounds the same. I'm just going to live with not changing it until they can come up with a fix... I've emailed customer care... let's see what they say... hopefully if the dealers are as well something will get done.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Do you think this is a "BUG" from the MYLink update? If so Typical.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I read somewhere on this forum that someone got the MyLink update and now has problems with the configuration resetting (ie home screen icons change back to factory setting and the driver alerts reset to all on).

I'm now experiencing this... Over last night and this morning I tested changing things and each time I've restarted the car after a couple of minutes being off, the home screen and alerts all reset.... every time. It keeps the radio stations and tone configs ok... so not sure if it's isolated to the home screen and driver alerts.

Arrgh, I've lodged it back with Holden Customer Care this morning.
Iv spoken to a few techs, and doesnt seem many people have reported the issue yet to cause investigation.

Anyone that has the same problem from updating with Holden should immediately notify the dealership or customer care. So when a fix does come it.. it should be free. ;)

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Right. Iv managed to replicate the problem on bench setup.
The last step is meant to be clear and reset radio. I didn't do that step on a mylink here and it seems to be going back to 'default' options on ignition cycle even after changing settings.

So to do the clear and reset radio:
Go into config, radio settings, software versions menu, and then select the 'clear and reset radio' option.

This is meant to be done by the dealer after every update. I just did the clear and seems to be holding changes now.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Well done Tazzi, that will be a great help for many members here.