Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Right. Iv managed to replicate the problem on bench setup.
The last step is meant to be clear and reset radio. I didn't do that step on a mylink here and it seems to be going back to 'default' options on ignition cycle even after changing settings.

So to do the clear and reset radio:
Go into config, radio settings, software versions menu, and then select the 'clear and reset radio' option.

This is meant to be done by the dealer after every update. I just did the clear and seems to be holding changes now.

Oh I hope this works... I'll try it out in the next hour.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
The last step is meant to be clear and reset radio. I didn't do that step on a mylink here and it seems to be going back to 'default' options on ignition cycle even after changing settings.

Go into config, radio settings, software versions menu, and then select the 'clear and reset radio' option.

This is meant to be done by the dealer after every update. I just did the clear and seems to be holding changes now.

Thanks from me as well.

I didn't know I had a prob (my car sits in the shed most of the time). I did have to reset everything recently (and again after I just checked it) but couldn't remember if I'd set it up after the Mylink replacement.

Yours is the sort of input that makes forums a great resource :)

Last edited:

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
So far so good... I reset it (funny it doesn't delete saved radio stations) and it has now kept the configurations on two occasions.

It did *look* like it had been reset when I got it back from the dealer... But obviously hadn't been.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport

Tazz, out of interest, does that update the version numbers and enables the new updates etc?

Also, on my vf 2013 r8 clubby, my invoice has that part number you referenced but that older or newer version you mentioned isn't listed?

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline

Well it appears to have worked... mine is consistently keeping the changes I've made... thank you TazzI!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Glad that additional step has helped out!!

Tazz, out of interest, does that update the version numbers and enables the new updates etc?

Also, on my vf 2013 r8 clubby, my invoice has that part number you referenced but that older or newer version you mentioned isn't listed?
Nah, the version numbers are updated straight after programming and updates take immediate affect (Mylink wouldnt run otherwise).
That last step I mentioned essentialyl clears out any history configurations ect, puts it all back to default settings. I think the bug comes from the mylink trying to use old configurations.. not supported by the newer updates.

Can you take a picutre of write down the version numbers you do have?
If possible, make a run past the dealership and ask if they can physically show you the newest version number in the mylink.

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
I eventually got a reply from Holden Customer service regarding the Map Updates.

Still no version numbers, but this is extremely disappointing.

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your patience. The MY17 map is a Q1 2015 map release version, which was released on March 2017.

Yours sincerely,
Priya V on behalf of Robert H
Holden Customer Care

So...
The MY17 update that they released in March 2017, and advertise on their website under service offerings,

(https://www.holden.com.au/owning/servicing?gclid=CjwKEAjw_bHHBRD4qbKukMiVgU0SJADr08ZZ6NB84gmt7ob1y3TCLJr_iNgxETruQx5Z6GBO9eUS7xoCD8vw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds),

as :

“Latest Map Update”
That supposedly includes:
“New and updated road network
Includes major infrastructure updates
Updated road features including one-way roads
Updated places of interest database”

...and that they charge $179 for, is ACTUALLY OVER 2 YEARS OLD, and is NOT the “LATEST” at all, and they do not provide this information ANYWHERE, or advise their dealers, or advise their customers prior to purchase that they are buying a product that is already well and truly out of date?

At the very least, I suspect that this is misleading advertising, and at best they are failing on their stated duty to provide “regular updates” to the GPS system in current model Holdens and at worst, the MyLink system that is included in our cars does not meet the specification requirements and is therefore hopelessly inadequate and not fit for the purpose it was intended for.

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
Screenshot added in case they change their website to try to hide the evidence of their misdeeds...
Holden Map Update Screenshot.jpg

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I eventually got a reply from Holden Customer service regarding the Map Updates.

Still no version numbers, but this is extremely disappointing.

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your patience. The MY17 map is a Q1 2015 map release version, which was released on March 2017.

Yours sincerely,
Priya V on behalf of Robert H
Holden Customer Care

So...
The MY17 update that they released in March 2017, and advertise on their website under service offerings,

(https://www.holden.com.au/owning/servicing?gclid=CjwKEAjw_bHHBRD4qbKukMiVgU0SJADr08ZZ6NB84gmt7ob1y3TCLJr_iNgxETruQx5Z6GBO9eUS7xoCD8vw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds),

as :

“Latest Map Update”
That supposedly includes:
“New and updated road network
Includes major infrastructure updates
Updated road features including one-way roads
Updated places of interest database”

...and that they charge $179 for, is ACTUALLY OVER 2 YEARS OLD, and is NOT the “LATEST” at all, and they do not provide this information ANYWHERE, or advise their dealers, or advise their customers prior to purchase that they are buying a product that is already well and truly out of date?

At the very least, I suspect that this is misleading advertising, and at best they are failing on their stated duty to provide “regular updates” to the GPS system in current model Holdens and at worst, the MyLink system that is included in our cars does not meet the specification requirements and is therefore hopelessly inadequate and not fit for the purpose it was intended for.
To be honest, you'd be hard up finding many in-car navigation systems that are up to date (ie less than 6 months old)... even after-market systems are usually 6-12 month-old maps... they aren't available instantaneously.

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
To be honest, you'd be hard up finding many in-car navigation systems that are up to date (ie less than 6 months old)... even after-market systems are usually 6-12 month-old maps... they aren't available instantaneously.
I expected up to 12 months old, but for the first, and only update after 4 years on the market to be over 2 years old is a bit much isn't it?
It makes it worse that they don't disclose it up front.