Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I expected up to 12 months old, but for the first, and only update after 4 years on the market to be over 2 years old is a bit much isn't it?
It makes it worse that they don't disclose it up front.
RoganJosh being one of the first people to ever get an update, pretty much documented that they had significant issues with their updating. They flew one of the techs/devs out to get it working in his car
Which I believe the entire issue was to do with the licensing they have implemented for the maps (Any Holdens techs reading this.. you know what Im talking about!). Completely stupid system.

So, I think their main concern was getting the updates working (4years later), but now.. hopefully.. begin rolling out more regular updates.
But this all depends who they are contracting for the maps.. (garmin.. here.. ect).

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Good Man
All Tazzi needs to do for $$$$ is give the Pre 2015 cars the option of having the extra POI's on there MyLink. Now that would create some interest.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Good Man
All Tazzi needs to do for $$$$ is give the Pre 2015 cars the option of having the extra POI's on there MyLink. Now that would create some interest.

Don't worry, I am working on a nice remote solution. ;)

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
I think you have an untapped market here waiting on anyway to update mylink systems without bloody holden/hsv giving us the run around.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Perhaps things like unlocking video playback as well? I'm keen for Android Auto but apparently it's not possible without adding an Android unit (such as Advanced ICE and another unit I can't think of the name...).

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think you have an untapped market here waiting on anyway to update mylink systems without bloody holden/hsv giving us the run around.
I need it due to my memory problem causes by stroke issues that have effect me badly. My old mate down the road has a VF MY14 ute is very interesting due to him being book twice just on the School zones only because he had no warnings. So people don't think what happens when you get old and how it effect you. I do not go out without my missus as we have 7 schools around our area and I continually forget the times when the limit is 40 kph

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Perhaps things like unlocking video playback as well? I'm keen for Android Auto but apparently it's not possible without adding an Android unit (such as Advanced ICE and another unit I can't think of the name...).
The 'ICE' unit is actually a generic android nav box, its actual name is 'Andy'.

*hint hint for anyone looking to get it at a quarter of its cost...*

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I need it due to my memory problem causes by stroke issues that have effect me badly. My old mate down the road has a VF MY14 ute is very interesting due to him being book twice just on the School zones only because he had no warnings. So people don't think what happens when you get old and how it effect you. I do not go out without my missus as we have 7 schools around our area and I continually forget the times when the limit is 40 kph
Iv got to say, that I commend you on acknowledging that you sometimes forget and knowingly ask for your partner to be with you.
There would be times when they may might be busy so this feature would be extremely helpful for you.

A quick..ish (but not exactly cheap) work around for all of this, is to have a 2016/17 Mylink fitted to a 13/14 or 15 vehicle. In saying that.. you will lose the inbuild DVD player. Mylink will also need to be security linked for it to work!

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
The 'ICE' unit is actually a generic android nav box, its actual name is 'Andy'.

*hint hint for anyone looking to get it at a quarter of its cost...*

Tell us more about this?

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Iv got to say, that I commend you on acknowledging that you sometimes forget and knowingly ask for your partner to be with you.
There would be times when they may might be busy so this feature would be extremely helpful for you.

A quick..ish (but not exactly cheap) work around for all of this, is to have a 2016/17 Mylink fitted to a 13/14 or 15 vehicle. In saying that.. you will lose the inbuild DVD player. Mylink will also need to be security linked for it to work!
To buy the Complete mylink from the 16/17 car and losing the DVD or the CD thats not an issue but I would not have confidence to get Holden to link MY15 car to my Vin Number security unit to get the New system working. These Holden people are Sheep and not Pioneering people

Anyhow I will first try Holden Dealers as Holden Customer Car said after reading my VIN Number that our August Built 2015 MY 15 SV6 Storm is rated as 2016 and it has the CD player in it. Yes I repeated it was a MY 15 car and he repeated me bac it was a 16 car so work that out.
Yes I have it in writing and after July when I stop spending money on the House I will get the Map and Mylink updated to see what happens with the NEW POI's