Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
RoganJosh, I didn't mean ready for you to use, I meant ready for dealers to use. :)
The way you described it, they had 18 engineers giving your car anal-probes & the like for an entire day, just to update some maps ... it sounded like a very experimental procedure, which I assumed was why you got it for free.
There's no way dealers are going to give away free map updates if that much effort is involved every time they do it. Neither Holden nor dealers have ever claimed we'll be getting X years of free maps, and there's a precedent in the industry for owners to have to buy new maps; so apart from trying to keep a repeat customer happy (which is not me - I won't go near dealers unless I absolutely have to), they're not going to give away hundreds of dollars' worth of time.

Last edited:

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I didn't mean ready for you to use, I meant ready for dealers to use.

That's where I had it done at a dealer. Up to you to push them for a map upgrade or not. There weren't 18 engineers involved and I have no idea where you got this from. . Don't assume things as you are most certainly wrong. I'm done here.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I have asked the dealer each time mine has been services and have been told the same no map update only MyLink update. I have ven rang a few dealers and they all have the same response.

I have even contacted Heart Land Glendenning and have spoken to Steve after RoganJosh had his one done by them and was told straight away by them their is no new map upgrade and to wait for Holden to release one.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's where I had it done at a dealer. Up to you to push them for a map upgrade or not. There weren't 18 engineers involved and I have no idea where you got this from. Don't assume things as you are most certainly wrong. I'm done here.
For those who're interested,
Linky to thread about how to tell versions
Linky to thread about needing a road-test when installing maps

If I've read that right from the first thread it was free due to being a pre-release, then in the second thread it was supposed to take 6 hours to install but it failed & the car needed to be kept overnight? And needing to contact a department in Holden in order to complete it?
Surely that can't be ready to roll out to dealers?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I too have been through all the post as well and I have noticed that I have higher versions and I have never got any map updates.

I think the only way we will know if there is a update ( engineering, beta, test , retail, what ever) is if RoganJosh has a street or location in his sat nav that we don't have.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I have asked the dealer each time mine has been services and have been told the same no map update only MyLink update. I have ven rang a few dealers and they all have the same response.

I have even contacted Heart Land Glendenning and have spoken to Steve after RoganJosh had his one done by them and was told straight away by them their is no new map upgrade and to wait for Holden to release one.

Well clearly that is not true based upon my documentation an YT video. The only way Holden is going to be forced to do the map update is if you lodge a complaint with consumer affairs with copies of my docs and video.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
I too have been through all the post as well and I have noticed that I have higher versions and I have never got any map updates.

I think the only way we will know if there is a update ( engineering, beta, test , retail, what ever) is if RoganJosh has a street or location in his sat nav that we don't have.
Fire away what address dont you have and I will enter it into mine and take a photo and post here.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I very, very, VERY much doubt that you don't have the latest, RoganJosh!
I just think Holden are being tardy in getting it into a form where it can be easily rolled-out via the dealers.

I reckon a good address will be somewhere I went when first picking our car up in June 2015, the guy I visited had been living there for over a year & it didn't appear on the SatNav. So I reckon it's going to be in yours.

*Google* *Google* *Google*
OK, how about 12 Canopy Crescent, Bingara Gorge, NSW?

I'd be ridiculously surprised if you don't have it; we don't, in our late 2014 Commodore.
Don't bother with a photo, I definitely believe you've got the latest (what I don't believe is that Holden would go to the effort of preparing those map updates with the intention of the upgrade-process being as lengthy as the one they needed for yours - I think that's what they're low-priority slowly working on).

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
20170211_082156.jpg 20170211_082129.jpg
I very, very, VERY much doubt that you don't have the latest, RoganJosh!
I just think Holden are being tardy in getting it into a form where it can be easily rolled-out via the dealers.

I reckon a good address will be somewhere I went when first picking our car up in June 2015, the guy I visited had been living there for over a year & it didn't appear on the SatNav. So I reckon it's going to be in yours.

*Google* *Google* *Google*
OK, how about 12 Canopy Crescent, Bingara Gorge, NSW?

I'd be ridiculously surprised if you don't have it; we don't, in our late 2014 Commodore.
Don't bother with a photo, I definitely believe you've got the latest (what I don't believe is that Holden would go to the effort of preparing those map updates with the intention of the upgrade-process being as lengthy as the one they needed for yours - I think that's what they're low-priority slowly working on).

Because you have the address wrong, it is in Wilton , not Bingara Gorge. Google Maps confirms this and yes it is my Sat Nav as 12 Canopy Crescent Wilton NSW

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-11-08-39-11.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-11-08-39-11.png
    390.7 KB · Views: 347
Last edited: