Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS ex police auction prices

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
anyone on here go to pickles vic auctions, just interested on the price VF SS are going for.

Thanks

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
Blackve76 just before you go ahead check out what the possible costs of full insurance

mate purchased a ex traffic car in Perth last year at the Auctions and it was ok some minor problems but when he went to get a full insurance cover it was massive almost the national debt or America due to his age and several accidents

he ended up selling it at a loss

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
History of car will not affect insurance cost, only history of driver / owner matters.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Even after all these years, urban myths about a police car being better than a generic SS still abound; this tends to make the less-informed bid higher for them at auction. They did actually get HSV bits in years gone by, but that was a long time ago; VP's & VR's (but then they were actually Execs with Exec seats covered in SS trim; they were pretty de-specced).
I've seen XR6T's and SS's in dealers cheaper than auction-results for ex-police ones.
Plus they get pretty harsh treatment; sure they're well serviced, but they're also caned. I guess if you're planning on running 360rwkW through one, that might be irrelevant ... :) ... but I wouldn't pay more for it being ex-police.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Any one gone to auctions

I'm guessing say 28K, I wouldn't pay more than that.

Insurance is same as any V8, maybe he was young.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Haven't been to an auction for a while but I would say 25K for a car that would on average have high miles, have a thrashed engine and have been in several accidents.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
NSW XR6T police spec gets brembos all around, better suspension and fpv bf rims. Nice little upgrade - essential an F6 with the little turbo.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Even after all these years, urban myths about a police car being better than a generic SS still abound; this tends to make the less-informed bid higher for them at auction. They did actually get HSV bits in years gone by, but that was a long time ago; VP's & VR's (but then they were actually Execs with Exec seats covered in SS trim; they were pretty de-specced).
I've seen XR6T's and SS's in dealers cheaper than auction-results for ex-police ones.
Plus they get pretty harsh treatment; sure they're well serviced, but they're also caned. I guess if you're planning on running 360rwkW through one, that might be irrelevant ... :) ... but I wouldn't pay more for it being ex-police.

Even after all these years, urban myths about police cars getting HSV bits still abound. Lets be clear, the *ONLY* police cars to receive anything 'go fast' mechanical over standard Holdens were the VK's where some got some HDT parts although none ever went to HDT as part of that process.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Even after all these years, urban myths about police cars getting HSV bits still abound. Lets be clear, the *ONLY* police cars to receive anything 'go fast' mechanical over standard Holdens were the VK's where some got some HDT parts although none ever went to HDT as part of that process.

And the "fatal four" HSVs in Qld.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Any one gone to auctions

I'm guessing say 28K, I wouldn't pay more than that.

Insurance is same as any V8, maybe he was young.

From an insurance perspective anyone thinking about an SS or SSV auto could also consider a 6 litre Calais or Calais V (I think there is only Calais V in 6 litre now). Pretty sure insurance will be less.